Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz1

Real Enviroment Pro RE: Landing Lights

Guest neiljay66

Wow.. thanks for the quick response tim!The package is great by the way.However I cannot find the fs9.cfg file. Is it in fs9 root folder?Neil.

>Wow.. thanks for the quick response tim!>The package is great by the way.>>However I cannot find the fs9.cfg file. Is it in fs9 root>folder?>>Neil.Sure here it is:C:Documents and SettingsYOUR NAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFS9Tim :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>What other addon planes do you have this problem with? So>far I only saw it on the 767. It's a shame that it doesn't>work for the 767 because when the light works right it looks>REALLY good. I'm sure it's easy for Tim to fix as he said,>although I spent an hour without even being able to figure out>the basis of how the spotlight works, non-speaking of fixing>the 767 myself.>>dumb dumb...>>JasonJust email me and I will send you a revised spotlight file :)timest999@yahoo.com and reference SPOTLIGHT :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Windy,I have the same issue with my LDS 763. That light sure does look purdy on my other a/c though :)

Blake

>What other addon planes do you have this problem with? So>far I only saw it on the 767. It's a shame that it doesn't>work for the 767 because when the light works right it looks>REALLY good. I'm sure it's easy for Tim to fix as he said,>although I spent an hour without even being able to figure out>the basis of how the spotlight works, non-speaking of fixing>the 767 myself.>>dumb dumb...>>JasonOverlands? MD-11 to name one, I haven't gone through all my aircraft, but those two stood out so far.

>Just email me and I will send you a revised spotlight file :)> TimJust emailed you at...say 6:44 EST. Let's see how quick is your customer responding time. ::::)))))))))))Just kidding. Thanks a million Tim. That's a FAST fix!Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

The problem with the light looking for lack of a better term, "not right" is I think aircraft dependent. On the PSS757...looks real good. On the PSS 777, the spotlight shows up (when clicking the taxi light on the 777) way way down the taxiway making it look very unrealistic (shame too as she is my primary long haul plane). It's not Tim's fault, its just the way the light was modeled by the developer and coded into the plane.

Eric 

Is there a way to make the landing lights not wide? On some planes, they are so wide that it looks so fake with that triangular shap.Just curious to know.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

So this is the new landing light I got from Tim. He has made it brighter, resulting in a clearly visible landing light for LVD767. It was almost invisible before this update. LVD landing light will always be dimmer than most others due to how the aircraft was developed. So I think this is about as good a tradeoff point as possible.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157274.jpg

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest lorenz1

Hello,I installed this great tool last night - and I really like what I see butit seems that I have a different problem with my landing lights.I am using the 737 PIC from Wilco and can't anymore switch on landing lights in the overhead panel - only by pressing "L".Does anyone else have the same problem?How could it be solved?I am not 100% sure whether this comes from Real Environment Pro - cause I installed short before Service-Pack-2 for 737 PIC and hadn't test a night flight. I posted it also here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=351770Thanks Tim - Super Work - Lorenz

REP will only change out existing texture bitmaps so I cannot imagine how it would cause this to happen with the PIC 737. When you say the light won't switch on do you mean that the switch doesn't even move? Or does the switch move (click sound heard) but you don't notice any lighting on the ground?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest lorenz1

HEY,that was a quick answer - the switch works, I her a click but nothing happens on the tarmac. Only when I press "L" it works.I have to confess that i also installed the new service patch for 737 PIC and haven't tested a night flight. Ciaolorenz

>HEY,>that was a quick answer - >the switch works, I her a click but nothing happens on the>tarmac. Only when I press "L" it works.>>>I have to confess that i also installed the new service patch>for 737 PIC and haven't tested a night flight. >>Ciao>lorenzLorenz... NO possible way this could interfere with what you say. It just replaces the spotlight texture file. What you are seeing (or not) is because the spotlight file is being shown not at full illumination, just as the LvlD add-on. I made a brighter file and if you read above in this post I stated if you would like this, email me. Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest lorenz1

Hello Tim,thank you for your quick answer -I fixed the problem and can't really say what it was - your tool is really GREAT - thx for quick support.C ULorenz