Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

FSX Standard or Deluxe?

Guest Kiwi75

Deluxe.... But what is the difference? :)

Guest allcott
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...oduct_info.htmlStandard18 airplanes 40 high-detail airports (16 new to Flight Simulator) 28 high-detail cities 30+ structured missions Deluxe24 airplanes 45 high-detail airports (21 new to Flight Simulator) 38 high-detail cities 50+ structured missions Glass panel (G1000) cockpit Tower controller And the SDK is included with Deluxe only.It seems obvious that any simmer will want the Deluxe or it's only a matter of time before a download references something only included in the Deluxe edition. And who's to say that the new Activation procedure won't recognise non-standard MS gauges or things from Deluxe that don't belong in Standard? Allcott

Guest Stan V

Just a short additional piece of information... and admittedly an incomplete one at that. Consider this simply as a heads up. Assuming you get the Deluxe version with the SDK, when you install the SDK it should be allowed to default to the same installation directory as FSX because the SDK needs access to FSX files and vice versa. Either or both can be installed independently if you desire but then the user will need to manually edit a configuration file (in the SDK directory?) to insert the proper path - which is by default based on the FSX installation path. This news came out during MS's presentation at the convention. Someone else may remember more of the details than I and if so, please jump into this chain and tell all.Stan V

Guest Bottle

I've ordered deluxe mainly because of the SDK.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Personally, I will be getting the Deluxe, mainly to get the additional high-detail scenery, additional aircraft and the SDK. However, I can see the reason for the 2 versions. By having the standard version, it allows for a lower cost of entry (and hence additional purchases) by the general non-hard-core public. They can still download/purchase additional aircraft/scenery later, but they don't get quite all the bells and whistles out of the box. They DO get enough to enjoy the sim as-is though. I bet 90% of the people who pick up Flight Sim who are only mildly interested in it (unlike all of us) NEVER downloads or purchases any sort of add-on for it. The standard version is for those people.I don't see anyone on this board considering the standard version. We probably all belong on the Deluxe version.--2002cbr600f4i