Sign in to follow this  
GaryGB

A bit of FS-X advice

I think John is saying "be happy with what you have" works better than upgrading like crazy?I'm an upgrade-upgrade-upgrade for FS. But I'm not sure if FSX will cause me to do the same. So I *might* just stay with FS9. Also er, um, new expenses in life might prevent buying a new computer.

Guest thedoggg

"I love all the posts where people complain about getting 6-10 FPS in their PMDG 747 at Heathrow, with full, realistic AI and real weather, DUH!"Yea. Hardware really hasn't caught up with FS9 yet with certain add on combinations. FSX, we will see. I definitely don't believe Vista and Dx10 are going to magically improve performance over XP/DX9 only better visuals which could bog FSX down even more. 15fps avg, I can't fly like that. I need at least 20. 25 is better which is what I lock at in FS9 and FSX demo.Regards, Carlos

>John even running FSX at FS9's display level produces>terrible performance compared to the older sim. I don't think>this theory is going to work this time around. Have you seen>the quality of most of those screenshots posted??? Most shots>of FSX look worse than FS9...OK than..Compare a FS9 default flight to a FSX default flight and you can tell me the difference..You all seem to forget we are very spoiled with great add onsJosh..

Cheers Josh Cliff

Hi John:I feel compelled to say that I do certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences and practical suggestions as much as I have also respected your contributions to the FS community via your uploads I have seen here at AVSIM. :-) I can understand your frustration with some of the posts which seem so rampant here; people seem to be rather incredibly rude and negative in this forum moreso than in others I frequent from time to time.But I sincerely hope it does not dissuade you from continued participation in the future, as your involvement would be sorely missed.Personally, I spend a lot of time in the SimFlight forums, especially the Emma Field Forum and FSX - Flight Simulator '10' forums; people there seem to be quite a bit more courteous and mutually supportive than in other forums I try to visit now and then to try and maintain a diverse overview of matters in the FS world.Of course anyone who has seen my posts there might readily consider me as guilty of hijacking posts for an expository (not to be confused with a suppository) agenda or being way too long-winded, but I haven't received any death threats lately! :-hahHere's hoping to see more practical and personable posts from JohnCi in the coming "era of FSX", regardless of hardware used!:-sun1 GaryGB