Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Best DC-10 or L-1011 Package?

Guest Accent

Looking for the best DC-10 or L1011 plane and panel package, payware or freeware.Opinions.Likes and dislikes welcomed!!!

HelloAerosim for Payware, check out the Aerosim forum here at avsim

Guest Water Mango

Aerosim has a DC10 only. It's a decent bird for a 'lite' aircraft that's easy on framerates... :-)

>>Aerosim has a DC10 only. It's a decent bird for a 'lite' aircraft that's easy on framerates... :-)<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Best freeware Dc-10 so far is the Sga Dc-10 go check her out here on avsim this is version 2 with flexing wings this is just one paint version of the bird you can try too find more by typing in sga dc-10 on avsims file library search.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...acrp&DLID=91604You can also try this really nice freeware L1011 at http://www.eastern-va.com/vistaliners/ it is still in beta but looking good. :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest Water Mango

I forgot Aerosim did the L1011. Speaking of being disappointed, I remember reading outside of the 742, L1011, and DC10s there's not much else worth looking at in these packages. Aerosim focused on a few models and rushed the rest. I heard the 727 and 737 were all but garbage compared to other planes included...

HelloI have the Classic Liners 2 Package with the DC10 and L1011 and it does come packaged in an installer. How did you get the package from Aerosim without an installer ?So far in this thread we have one responder who obviously does not own the package assert that Aerosim only have a DC10 when in fact you can only get the DC10 if you buy the L1011 as wellWhen a quick look at the product page would have revealed"Short Desciption.This product has been developed as the seventh product of AeroSim's Real Addon Series for FS2004, and is the sequel to the Classic Liner, Vol. 1It includes the Jetliners of Second Generation, such as Douglas DC-8/DC-10, Lockheed L1011. They are in the classical liveries of Douglas and Lockheed. In addition, some of them wear the old liveries of PAA, TWA, NW, BA, DL HA and AC. In total, 13 Jetliners (DC-8 x2, DC-10 x5 and L-1011 x6) are included." Now another who asserts that it does not have an installer and that it is only at the level of the Default Aircraft, Again taken directly from the Aerosim SiteHope this clears things up for the original poster." Douglas DC-8 and DC-10 are equipped with INS. Lockheed L-1011 has INS connected to FMS. It was called ANS (Automated NAV System) that had advanced far compared with the INS of DC-8/DC-10. L-1011 pilot was not required to type in LAT and LONG of waypoint one by one by using the alphanumeric keypad of CDU prior to the departure of every flight. They were also able to pre-set the various parameters of climb and descent in FMS, so that they could fly not only with LNAV but also VNAV. Those INS and FMS of real aircraft were very complex system. Same on the aircraft of this product are, therefore, simplified to an extent that any level of FS fan can easily manipulate it and enjoy.39 route data (with SID/STAR) are stored in FMS of L-1011. Some of them are RJAA-PHNL, RJBB-VHHH, RJAA-PGUM, RJTT-RJOO, etc. You can create your own route data by using the text editor. "Here is a screen of the installer about to do its stuff and also a linkto the Classic Liners 2 websitehttp://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/a-product_e/...e/CL2_2k4_e.htmhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157284.jpg

Just took a look at my classic liners, I'll have to ammend my original statement to say that yes, it includes an installer, but the folders are also available in the .zip file to install manually, which is what I must have done when I when i first installed this product.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

The Aerosim L-1011 is IMHO one of the best examples of a "lite" aircraft package. The L-1011 is the highlight of the package and it is worth the price alone. The rest of the aircraft are of lesser quality and I tend to use the SGA DC-10's instead. There are a few good freeware DC-10 sound packages and I believe the best panel is the one by Stephan Ahlberg. I am not sure where to find the panel right now. It was originally released for FS2000 and it has been updated a couple times with enhanced night lighting and cockpit views.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>The Aerosim L-1011 is IMHO one of the best examples of a>"lite" aircraft package. The L-1011 is the highlight of the>package and it is worth the price alone. The rest of the>aircraft are of lesser quality and I tend to use the SGA>DC-10's instead. >>There are a few good freeware DC-10 sound packages and I>believe the best panel is the one by Stephan Ahlberg. I am not>sure where to find the panel right now. It was originally>released for FS2000 and it has been updated a couple times>with enhanced night lighting and cockpit views.Jeff there is a really cool panel at flightsim.com just go to fs2004 in the file search under panels and type in Mike Baumann, And they also have have this really cool light mod for the dc-10 by Yoo Sang Jun, based on the great work Staffan did for the Dc-10 panel. :)search for sgadcpnl.zip and lightdc.zip

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest navav2002

Sorry...Late on this one...I havn't seen anyone mention Eric Cantu's L-1011 model...So I thought I would..(If someone did and I missed it...sorry)...It's still beta...As usual with Mr Cantu...It a really nice lookin aircraft...Limited textures for now...But I got Hornit's Delta widget...That's all I need...he heI have the Aerosim package...Just like someone mentioned above...I'm using SGA's DC-10 model..and then Eric's L-1011...Sweet set-up...Have Fun!!

Anyone know where to get a decent panel for this one??

Dave Taylor gb.png

Make sure you pester Gaby over at Eastern Virtual to release my latest paint for that. If your flying this and it has bare metal engine nacelles you still have the "old" textures. I sent her the newer versions recently.Hornit