Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz1

REP issues.

This is great software. Im delighted with it for the most part. however I have two issues which I have written the author about privately that I will also share here for bug/info purposes.1. Anybody noticed that fall season is gone? No seasonality I can see at all, including change to winter. I would like to get my fall and winter and spring textures back please. If I cant, I would like to incrementally back out of changes the REP software made so i can have those back. 2. I also dont personally care for the new sun effects. Thats my personal choice only. I did a backup at install like instructed, but do not know how to now change back only my sun textures and keep everything else. I also dont know where Tim stuck the back up textures! 3. Not a criticism per se, but it would be nice if the user could specify installation path of the software. I have a dedicated drive for FS and now have this product living in c:program files, which is not where I keep my FS stuff. Thats a house keeping issue I guess.Most interested in the sun textures issue because my FS9 now has a stutter issue which it didnt have before. Im thinking its a FPS issue related to these sun textures but I have an older PC and older video card, so your mileage may vary!!!ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I just did a manual "pick and choose" here. Never used the installer, just copied and pasted the files manually (after b-up). I installed the sky colors, tried the environment map (nope), and Im also using the sun textures, like the glare. Otherwise I have plenty of stuff that looks fine here. I can't seem to beat Ed Truthan's water so far. The water textures in this seemed too dark or too bright to me.Hornit

Key difference with me is that I usually keep water effects to NONE because my PC is old. These new textures for water work great for me. I had liked Bill Lyons work on those til now. I'll keep these plus some VOZ effects I decided to keep on my PC generally.What I dont like about this REP software is the inability to do some trial and error in backing out and installing various combinations. Everybodys PC is different...so the changes might need to be measured as well.Anyway, Im really not complaining. Tim did an EXCELLENT JOB with these changes. I just have an old PC and need the ability to modify on the fly.EPS: Hornit send me a note on when you are around to have lunch one day. We are due!!!

Guest SilverCircle

>2. I also dont personally care for the new sun effects. Thats>my personal choice only. I did a backup at install like>instructed, but do not know how to now change back only my sun>textures and keep everything else. I also dont know where Tim>stuck the back up textures! Same here, I managed to restore the old sun effects though (since you did a backup of the old textures, its not an issue at all).1. Go to your FS9 main folder. You'll find a REBackup subfolder there which holds a suneffect.cfg file (and nothing else). Copy that back to the main FS9 folder.2 Go to FS9texture folder. Again, you will find a REBackup subfolder which holds the original textures. Copy back the following files to FS9texture: corona.bmp sun.bmp sunglow.bmp sun6.bmpThese 2 steps should restore your old sun (it worked for me).BTW: When you browse the c:program filesReal Environment ProInstall folder, you can see which files it will install for each of its options.Backups are kept in the REBackup folder in your FS9 directory under the following locations:FS9 main folder (only holds the sun cfg file)FS9texture folderFS9sceneryworldtexture folderAt least, that's what I found out. Maybe there is more.>3. Not a criticism per se, but it would be nice if the user>could specify installation path of the software. I have a>dedicated drive for FS and now have this product living in>c:program files, which is not where I keep my FS stuff. >Thats a house keeping issue I guess.Actually, you can install it everywhere you want. No idea, why it recommends C:program files (maybe, because it was only tested from this location and they wanted to ensure that nothing goes wrong when people install it elsewhere).

>Most interested in the sun textures issue because my FS9 now>has a stutter issue which it didnt have before. Im thinking>its a FPS issue related to these sun textures but I have an>older PC and older video card, so your mileage may vary!!!>>Thanks>Eric>Does anyone else notice this issue?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Anybody know how I can get my fall textures back? Looks like REP has only one season? Eric

Guest lorenz1

Hello,I also installed Real Environment Pro last night and did a few tests.Great work Tim - but it would be great to have an undo-button for each feature.I have now a problem with my landing lights of my 737 Wilco PIC.I am unable to switch them on via the overhead panel. Only by pressing "L". Does anyone know what to do? What do I have to do to get this feature of my plane back? I want to keep the rest of installation.CheersLorenz

Guest lorenz1

Hello,I can't really say wether this is coming from REP - because I installed short before the SP2 for 737 Wilco and didn't test a night flight.But has anyone had this problem also - btw engines were running and I could also switch the switch.I'll start another flight tonight and test it again.greetings from EuropeLorenz

I believe Fall is still there.. here at least it is.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

Uh... Dummy here.I had been flying in the Seattle Area, which never seems to have fall colors at same time as other areas. I flew in N.Georgia where I often fly, and had my regular fall foliage. I had forgotten about this Seattle area issue.Eric

Guest lorenz1

Hello to all,Problem solved:Tim gave me a real fast answer that this problem can't be from REP.I started another light tool and started MSFS and my switches work without problem.Then I installed REP again and I couldn't see my landing lights from cockpit - but from the outside view you can see them - they are very dark.Tim offered me an exchage file for the lights.C ULorenz