Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Help a suffering kid and drastically enhance P3D!

Hi folks,

Have you heard about Italy Photoreal?
These nice guys offer the whole Europe for free and it is frankly gorgeous.
Photoscenery + autogen + night textures like I have never seen before in a payware.

If you want to help them, donations go to an association that helps kids with cancer.
www.peterpanonlus.it

The down side?
It will take you hours to download and install the whole Europe but it is really worth it.
Have a look and enjoy 😉

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Over the Alps

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Best regards,
David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

OP...enough of the screenshots, please!  Don't want to have to move this whole topic to that forum, but might have to.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Looks gorgeous,however with my slow internet connection  (5mb) I think it would take a very long time for me to download

It sure would, but it's worth a wait. And you better have a 100+gb of free space prepared for it. Having this scenery, France VFR and AirHispania makes for a really great VFR experience. Adding to this Austria Pro HD, Germany by Orbx and a little ageing Swiss pro X and you've almost got the whole western continental Europe covered. All you need to do is pick a GA plane and enjoy high framerates and beautifull graphics. That's what i've been doing. 

Oh,and since you're already doing it visually, you could also try my home state of Slovenia, since it's to small to notice it from high above. 

Edited by AndrejS

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

I discovered this beautiful scenery a couple of years ago. I downloaded a fairly decent area of Italy surrounding lake Garda and installed the freeware airport Asiago (LIDA) from Orbx. The two blend absolutely perfectly together as the airport uses a photoreal base texture, which to me, looks like it may be from the same source. I decided not to install the autogen, which to be honest is not a big deal, as the airport scenery has autogen objects which come into play during decent.   It provides a wonderful area to fly GA. To get a true sense of the area I'm talking about, here's a short film I made of the area flying the Diamond DA-62... 

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Did I miss something. When I try to download this scenery, I am faced with a map of Europe with literally HUNDREDS of individual download links which all have to be processed independently and manually to build up and area of scenery, and each download only handles a tiny patch of Europe.

I appreciate this is free, but it seems impossibly time consuming to gather a reasonable area of Europe with this method.

Is there an easier way? Just wondering if that is how it is, or whether I have missed something?

SledDriver, it's probably how it is.

For instance check out BlueSky Scenery - individual zip files of photoreal terrain (example link)

http://www.blueskyscenery.com/NM.html

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Having down loaded all the Alps I think this is fantastic.

Most areas are blocks of around 5 tiles but some are one square at a time because of the detail well worth the time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How do i install this? The tutorial section of the website doesn't really tell? Or am i blind? 😜