Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbinner

FSInn...

Guest drdaru1

I know that avsim probably won't put this up on their front page (as I recall, when FSInn was initially released, although it was a major breakthrough, it stayed up on the front page exactly 6 hours). I'm not here to judge, but to inform. The latest version of FSInn -- 1.2 -- is going live with VATSIM. FSX compatible already.I'd like to hear what you guys with FSX beta think of it. I would assume more people would be willing to try FSInn now that they've made it simple to connect (no setting up firewall stuff). Also, there is true peer-2-peer with FSInn, practically eliminating the jumps that you see with Squawkbox.Let's hear it.

Guest jbinner

not so, it stayed on the front page and is still visible in searches for "FSINN" on our front page:------------------------------------------------------------------FSInn v1.1 in Public BetaPosted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 0:07VATSIM is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of FSInn by the Flight Simulator French Development Team (FSFDT). FSInn (Flight Simulator Internet Network) is a multiplayer pilot client fully compatible with and approved by VATSIM. Version 1.1, released only 8 months after the original program, has many improvements, a full list of which can be found in the release notes. As this is a public beta, users are strongly encouraged to contribute to the beta testing process by reporting bugs, issues and requests on the forum. Download and documentation can also be found in the forum.FSINN Pilot ClientPosted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 15:12The Flight Simulator French Development Team (FSFDT) has released its Pilot Client software to the VATSIM.net community. FSFDT, a team of programmers, with a passion for the Flight Simulator community has applied their skills and developed FSINN (Flight Simulator INternet Network). FSINN is a user friendly multiplayer pilot client software, compatible with the popular SB3 and VATSIM. Many novice pilots have already participated in thousands of hours of test and use on a number of private and public test servers.Some of the many features include: an onboard radar, realistic in appearance and functionality; single-click-operation for everything from connecting to VATSIM to bringing up any of the other features; user definable keys for any feature such as the ATC, radar, chat, flight plan, etc. One click and you're online flying with VATSIM. Another click and you're seeing all the aircraft within 400 miles of you on the radar.The team developed a new technology to add extremely smooth motion which can refresh the position up to 40 times a second in its selectable peer to peer mode. They also incorporated a very powerful weather engine. The whole interface has a natural and expected flow, where the novice user surprisingly already knows what to do. You can grab the client here. To use FSINN you will need a VATSIM account, if you do not already have one, please visit VATSIM here to register for an account.VATSIM To Offer FSInnPosted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:23VATSIM is proud to announce that it has come to an agreement with Flight Sim French Development Team (FSFDT) to provide the pilot client FSInn for the VATSIM network. Currently, the client has completed alpha testing and is in code review, afterwards it will begin a closed beta test on the network. Once final bugs are corrected the client will then be released to the membership for use. For all the details about FSInn and other software such as FSCopilot, please visit here. Please feel free to use the forum on the FSFDT website for discussion about the pilot client. Your question will be answered there by FSFDT. For quick information about the client, be sure to download the user's guide.----------------------------------------------------so to say we took it down is incorrect. If we had a LOT of news that day it might have got pushed down the list, and not on the top 5, but it was MOST CERTAINLY left as NEWS. If someone submits the news to the link on the front page ( http://www.avsim.com/forms/news_submit.html ) then if it's news it gets posted.

Thanks but, it's left hand seat only for me *grin* ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest drdaru1

You're right... to say that you took it down is incorrect, but I didn't say that. I said that it only stayed up on the top news for about 6 hours.

Guest jbinner

which means we had a busy news day. :) The enws system works as thus:We receive an email with a story attached. Our crew checks the story, checks the URL, makes edits to make it sound "3rd person" and make it look like news, not a 1st person story.From there we submit it to the page. It goes to the top, pushing the 7th article down. Now it doesnt remove it from the front page, it just pushes it down one slot. Only the top 7 NEWEST articles remain in bold, headline fashion. On a busy day there may be 10+ more articles below the top 7, but still on the front page.Hope this helps. Prior to becoming staff I made this same mistake, until one day I scrolled down and saw 5 more articles I missed! :)