Sign in to follow this  
michal

One more day..... Portland anyone? :)

Guest jgreth123

That's right, it comes out tomorrow!!![a href=http://www.flightscenery.com/flightzone02/]FlightZone 02: Portland[/a]I wonder how busy the Portland area will be on VATSIM tomorrow/this weekend. :)Oh, and for those that are unaware of this beautiful scenery, check out these 2 forums that have tons of screenshots...[a href=http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10]This is the main Portland forum[/a] ( read the stickies )and[a href=http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14]This is the Portland Screenshots forum[/a] ( not from developers )

Guest rpjkw1155

I'll be watching and reading simmers' opinions with great interest. I intend to buy it when I get home in a couple of weeks. I'm quite impressed with the screen shots, so.....Bob

Guest jgreth123

>That looks awesome but also looks like it will bring frames>to a halt.You'll be surprised. :)

Guest JeanLuc_

This is the same story with complex airliners: because it is complex, it is a taking a lot of FPS. Well, for sure, a lot of realisations are exactly like that, but some are really outstanding because of the talent of the vendor.I would say that you shouldn't take for granted past experience you may have had with other vendors that lead to believe that high detail = low FPS. It all depends on how the developper master his craft, and in the case of FlightScenery, this is simply unbeatable: better FPS than default KSEA with dozen more details...Hope this helps!

>That looks awesome but also looks like it will bring frames>to a halt.the flight scenery team gives you great looking scenery with minimal framerate hit.

Guest aarskringspier

>That looks awesome but also looks like it will bring frames>to a halt.As a beta tester I can tell you the frame rates are defenitley not an issue with this scenery.

I had a tester do a test for me. On final approach in LVD VC, with 100% AI and everything else being equal, KPDX FPS is lower than KPVD by 1. I can't speak for the others but I'd happily settle with that.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Jeff-Watch for DAL483 being operated by a 757 or a 767 on Vatsim both Saturday and Sunday doing round trips from ATL to PDX. Plan a day rotation with a 757, night with a 767 and reverse it for Sunday....see u there!Actually..I got to go update my charts for PDX...have never flown there due to lack of any scenery.

Eric 

I would recommend the Rhode Island scenery as well. It is awesome!

>That looks awesome but also looks like it will bring frames>to a halt.FlightScenery folks are smart - they know they could not deliver a good performance around large metropolitan areas where amount of detail even from the default scenery may cause extra problems. They pick secondary areas (like Portalnd) where they have a lot more room to play with. I think it is very clever way of adjusting to technical realities.Michael J.