Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

FPS with fs9 on current hardware

Guest nigel28

I have been playing with the FSX beta and I am really not pleased with the frames...I dont think the full release will be much better for awhile.I took fs9 off my puter a long time ago due to frustrations but I have since gotten a new system built (see below)my question is, I am thinking of reinstalling it with the usual, Ultimate Traffic, add ons, etc...I want to fly the ATR, PMDG 737, etc...what type of frames should I expect with my system below?? I dont want worst case NYC specs but rather, smaller regional airport specs, or undetailed airport specs.

I don't quite understand your post, but I THINK you are asking what FPS you would get in FS9 with your posted hardware.First thing I would say is that you need to TEST and EXPERIMENT as to what your optimal frame lock should be. Set frame lock to unlimited, then SHIFT-V SHIFT-V for fps counter, and fly in a high-density area and see what FPS you average.Just wildly guessing (not knowing the planes you fly, etc.) I'd say for your sys, frame lock at 30-35 fps and don't worry about it anymore.Then, turn OFF the frame rate counter and don't worry about it again, unless you're testing. :)RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well me and my friend have ALMOST that exact same system except we have OCZ ram and he has the 4800 processor and I have the FX60. We both get great performance BUT there is always some tweaks you can do. After I built my system I ran FS9 and though I would get better performance than I did. I did the FSGS thing and now I have FSgenesis, all the UT scenery, bunch of cloud 9 scenery, fly tampa scenery, Active sky, ground envirnoment and just about every bloddy 3rd party panel you can think of. I get a SOLID 30 FPS on average. sometimes down to 22 but also up to 45. My scenery is unbelievable and I am happy and reluctant to switch to FSX but undoubtedly will sooner or later. But just to give you a heads up on what to expect I would say you will be very pleased. If you need any input, let me know!Jack

Guest nigel28

cool thats good to know Jack. The reason I posted this was because I have formatted since my last install which must have been a year ago and I dont have any of my keys or anything so I run the risk of putchasing everythign all over again and before I did , I wanted to make sure it would be worth it!!

>I have been playing with the FSX beta and I am really not>pleased with the frames...I dont think the full release will>be much better for awhile.>>I took fs9 off my puter a long time ago due to frustrations>but I have since gotten a new system built (see below)>>>my question is, I am thinking of reinstalling it with the>usual, Ultimate Traffic, add ons, etc...I want to fly the ATR,>PMDG 737, etc...>>what type of frames should I expect with my system below?? I>dont want worst case NYC specs but rather, smaller regional>airport specs, or undetailed airport specs. I'm happy demo 45 till 80 fps with all mid settings water 2.x midC2D E6600 with 2GB dual kit and 7876-BLISS 7800GS+ AGP 512MB GS SFX (wich actually is the G71 :-cool )http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/Untitled-1-2.jpgAndr

André

Dont repurchase anything. contact the vendors and tell them your situation. tehy always have records or your purchases. the respected ones will egt your addon.Jack

Guest PPSFA

I have an almost identical system except 1 gig of RAM. I run all sliders at max and get an average of 60 fps. However, I did spend the extra bucks for http://www.fs-gs.com/ to tweak my system, it was the best money I spent on FS.

>I have an almost identical system except 1 gig of RAM. I run>all sliders at max and get an average of 60 fps. However, I>did spend the extra bucks for http://www.fs-gs.com/ to tweak>my system, it was the best money I spent on FS.:-lol the above was FSX in FS9 with all the sliders to the right it was the first time for me to see FPS above 100 :-eekAndr

André