Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 14th, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

24 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I'm happy to see the business jet. It appears to be a Citation but I won't stake my rep on it, 

It is a Citation😊

7 minutes ago, adino said:

It is a Citation😊

To be specific, it is a Citation CJ4 one of the newest in the CJ lineup.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Not only did they put the real world into a sim but also major developers getting on board early (most notably PMDG re-planning their entire development roadmap and shifting their in-development addon over to the new sim).

Wait, what? Did PMDG actually announce this?

I have some Citation II time and that nose is unmistakable. I do hope on this new model they have pressurised the luggage compartment in the nose. My first flight resulted in a full bottle of after shave lotion emptying and making my clothes very aromatic. Sad that I didn't ask. 😁

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Ooooh the CJ4 looks awesome!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Let's hope the CJ4 is a Proline and not a Garmin...lol  Hope the pic comes out

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153344491605520&set=t.699590519&type=3&theater

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

13 minutes ago, adino said:

Yes, really hope so.

Why would it be they dont offer Garmin for the CJ4? I honestly would prefer a G3000 but that me. 

• Like 1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

35 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Engine exhaust ... I see there is still opportunity for 3rd party improvements.

I  don't. Why?  Apart from the fact that the 747 model is apparently still not finished (missing wing flex etc.)

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Why would it be they dont offer Garmin for the CJ4? I honestly would prefer a G3000 but that me. 

My comment was sarcastic hence the  "lol"  I do prefer Proline though.  I have a feeling since the TBM is a G3000 model and the 172 has the 1000, the CJ probably has the 3000 in it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

49 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Engine exhaust ... I see there is still opportunity for 3rd party improvements.

11 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I  don't. Why?  Apart from the fact that the 747 model is apparently still not finished (missing wing flex etc.)

I don't think that engine exhaust is going to be the most pressing concern, but there's definitely going to be opportunities to improve the base sim.

Unless I've missed announcements on these:

• Offline AI aircraft, their FDE modelling and gate-to-gate handling by the AI engine.

• Control of online AI aircraft once the transponder is turned off. How do we get a landed aeroplane from a R.E.T. to the gate at the appropriate parking spot? Then how to get aeroplanes to holding short of a runway for departure without just spawning next to the active?

• Sky textures. I don't want random 30-day texture sets any longer. A tropical sunset should only be visible in the tropics, an arctic sunrise only once north of the polar circle. Pollution over a big city should have an effect on colour of the sky. As should time of year.

• Cloud textures. Some of the clouds we've seen have very blurry edges. A 3PD may find a method to improve their definition.

• Zibo equivalent for the A320neo and the 747-8i. I may be proved wrong, but I'm not expecting a highly detailed airliner with lots of functionality in a default. Yes, I know there was a discussion with the head of MSFS where he stated a FMC will be included. But how detailed will the systems actually be? May be a 3PD comes in to give them more depth.

• Replacement photogrammetry trees. I don't for one second think that we'll be left with blobs in the final product, but maybe some variation will be needed based on latitude, altitude and environment.

• Road, rail and sea traffic models and textures. More regional variation.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head before we even get to payware aircraft and airports.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

I don't think that engine exhaust is going to be the most pressing concern, 

Well, it adds a lot to immersion and e.g. it seems already to be even better than DCS which does a rather good job.  The subtle heat blur on the TBM is very nice as well.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1