Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 14th, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

Not a bad choice, 1 out of 365..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

29 minutes ago, Peter Clark said:

Pretty sure the original E3 trailer said something about holidays 2020? Which would make sense as that’s when the new XBox is expected to release as well. Although I could be combining things. 

MSFS should also come for Xbox one. They never talked about the new Xbox. But that isn't important for me.

Yesterday I thought, that X019 would be perfect to announce the release date. But maybe we are far away, because the next big show is E3. 

Edited by Pitbull2504

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

.......tell me that 748 doesn't look better if equally good compared to PMDGs. I mean partnership with Boeing does have its benefits lol. These guys are wizards. They have so much information. Insanely advanced tech, finance, partnership with major aircraft manufacturers and talent to put all that to work. Gentleman welcome aboard the Asobo hype train !

It takes a lot more than being able to create a good looking 3D model to deliver a super accurate representation of all aspects of the real plane. It will be interesting to see the level of complexity and realism that is provided with the default aircraft....

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, F737NG said:
  • Zibo equivalent for the A320neo and the 747-8i. I may be proved wrong, but I'm not expecting a highly detailed airliner with lots of functionality in a default. Yes, I know there was a discussion with the head of MSFS where he stated a FMC will be included. But how detailed will the systems actually be? May be a 3PD comes in to give them more depth.

I sincerly hope that the default aircraft offerings will be extremely detailed, at 3rd party level.

And 3rd party developers would be more than welcome to offer *additional* models... but not the ones already existing in the sim (because the default models in the sim would be so detailed already that making add-on versions would not make sense).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Because no release Date was announced yesterday, I´m really thinking about that MSFS will release at the end of 2020. Maybe they will announce the date at the E3. Unfortunaly

As long as I can get my hands on the alpha, I couldn't really care less when it's coming out 😄

I think they're taking a "when it's ready" approach, while predicting that it will be out sometime in 2020. I think E3 2020 will be a good time for an approximate release date.

I think the sim will come much earlier than end of 2020, the way they have been bringing out information in the last weeks, episodes (next week we have the 3rd and in 2 weeks we have the 4th), the fact the game is already playable, makes me think we are not far away. 

They have a very strong marketing dpmt and they are planning very carefuly when they are releasing what and I do not think they can keep up this level of info in the coming 9 months or so. 

That they haven't shown the release date, I think it has more to do that it will depend on the Alpha 1 and 2 tests and may slightly vary depending on those.

My guess Q1 2020 ;-). 

12 minutes ago, RalfNass said:

I think the sim will come much earlier than end of 2020, the way they have been bringing out information in the last weeks, episodes (next week we have the 3rd and in 2 weeks we have the 4th), the fact the game is already playable, makes me think we are not far away. 

They have a very strong marketing dpmt and they are planning very carefuly when they are releasing what and I do not think they can keep up this level of info in the coming 9 months or so. 

That they haven't shown the release date, I think it has more to do that it will depend on the Alpha 1 and 2 tests and may slightly vary depending on those.

My guess Q1 2020 ;-). 

Q1 would be a dream 😄. But I don't think that they can push through alpha and beta testing in only 4 month. I am hoping for next summer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bashope said:

I sincerly hope that the default aircraft offerings will be extremely detailed, at 3rd party level.

And 3rd party developers would be more than welcome to offer *additional* models... but not the ones already existing in the sim (because the default models in the sim would be so detailed already that making add-on versions would not make sense).

I must apologize that I am mainly a GA flyer "only". If you ask for my opinion, I hope the default planes are accessible to the average user without going through several 100pp of Boeing precision manuals, in the same tradition as the default planes up to FSX were.

Thus I hope the included liners will NOT be study-level (albeit sport a realistic flight model, of course). I still think scalability was one of the strongest features of MFS until FSX. Those who want PMDG-detail with all hydraulic features, failures etc. can (and will) get the corresponding addons.

Project lead Jörg Neumann already mentioned in one of the clips (certainly MFS tailored) tutorials which would be a good start. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

16 hours ago, DJJose said:

The water with the waves crashing at 1.02 minutes into the video.

Just WOW!

I missed this the first time around, I think it was so realistic it just registered as normal.

1 hour ago, bashope said:

And that either pushes up the overall price of the sim or they become a >$10 DLC (we're all assuming that the airliners are going to be free based on precedent from ACES).

It makes it harder for them to make it accessible to new gamers and the "no pilot gets left behind" philosophy.

It would also go against the comments in the video where Microsoft/Asobo acknowledged that 3rd parties have much more detailed knowledge of an aircraft than they do. So they would leave open space for 3rd party developers to bring their products to MSFS.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, aleex said:

What about 1:39 at the trailer, that’s not wingflex? 

Looks like it is – I was hoping for more tho. Does it flex more in real life or is it like that?

3 hours ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Yesterday I thought, that X019 would be perfect to announce the release date. But maybe we are far away, because the next big show is E3. 

MFS is still in alpha, it's way too early to lock down a release date.

My hunch is December of 2020 at the very earliest.

20 minutes ago, ifly777 said:

Looks like it is – I was hoping for more tho. Does it flex more in real life or is it like that?

Honestly, idk, I was just asking because looked like wingflex to me. 

I know the B787 flex its wings a lot. But I don’t see B748 very often. Never noticed.