Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 14th, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

Obviously not the same scope as MSFS but I was part of the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Tech Alpha since the start of July and the game only released last week (so around 4 months of testing). That said, there wasn't even a beta stage, went straight to release. 

So extrapolating from that I don't think it's entirely wrong to assume a holiday 2020 release.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

56 minutes ago, simtom said:

Obviously not the same scope as MSFS but I was part of the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Tech Alpha since the start of July and the game only released last week (so around 4 months of testing). That said, there wasn't even a beta stage, went straight to release. 

So extrapolating from that I don't think it's entirely wrong to assume a holiday 2020 release.

I was part of it also and we were testing the Beta versions. They never released Alpha versions for us insiders.

Also AOE II already existed, this was some kind of a improved version, not totally new.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I was part of it also and we were testing the Beta versions. They never released Alpha versions for us insiders.

Also AOE II already existed, this was some kind of a improved version, not totally new.

I just checked the invitational e-mail again and you're right, it was a closed beta. Sorry for the confusion.

Indeed, that shows even more that MSFS might be still a ways off.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

If I had $20 to bet on a vague release window for MSFS, I'd put $10 on Summer 2020, $8 on Holiday 2020, and the remaining $2 on anything earlier or later than that.

12 hours ago, Scottoest said:

If I had $20 to bet on a vague release window for MSFS, I'd put $10 on Summer 2020, $8 on Holiday 2020, and the remaining $2 on anything earlier or later than that.

I'll happily put $20 on "sometime after next week."

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 11/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, pmb said:

I must apologize that I am mainly a GA flyer "only". If you ask for my opinion, I hope the default planes are accessible to the average user without going through several 100pp of Boeing precision manuals, in the same tradition as the default planes up to FSX were.

I am a PPL in real life and I also enjoy GA/VFR mostly on the simulators.

I got "dragged" into airliners and other categories mostly because of IVAO and community events, tours, etc. And, surprisinly, I also don't "waste" time in learning every little detail about the airliners and I also didn't go through any manual or anything, mostly because I don't have time. My introduction into the airliners was mostly having buddies guiding me via skype video sharing calls, and youtube videos.

And here's the mind blowing part. It was actually *easier* to fly a "study level" airliner (like PMDG) than flying the default B738 on FSX! Why? Because with the default airliner I could not fly a STAR, a SID, I could not enter a published hold at a certain waypoint, etc. On a study level airliner, these are all options that are normally easily accessible on the FMC. Forget it on the default model. It's also not much harder to start it up, and most of the times it's possible to load the simulator with engines running... so, honestly, to my experience, a study level model is better in every way, for everyone.

😂 fantastic video!

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

That's not even close to being "similar" except in the eyes of a blind person... :nangis:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Excellent job. The choice will be difficult.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

....annnnnd now FSX is ruined for me...HAH.

Love the video.

Edited by Sticky

Wow cool video....FSX is ancient haha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just the fact that someone took the time to TRY and match the MSFS 2020 video with FSX and all the editing with the music is awesome! I love it! Made me laugh. Now time to go fly some missions in FSX after that video 🙂 After all they are both MS titles. And in the year 2050 we can have a MSFS 2020 and MSFS 2050 video like that 🙂 So funny 🙂

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ