Sign in to follow this  
Raymond.Groenendijk

9 cities X019

Just now, AyserKalypzo said:

This way expectations will ruin the game. They have to show some areas where there isn't photogrammetry/very high resolution sattelite imagery

They already showed the offline mode rendition of autogen in one of the episodes, so we do have some idea how that'll look.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

They already showed the offline mode rendition of autogen in one of the episodes, so we do have some idea how that'll look.

People would like to see what cities/landscapes in Africa/South america/Asia look like in online mode. with high bandwidth 

16 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

I'd like to see some of the "1.5 million cities" (to quote Jorg Neumann is his IGN interview yesterday) that don't have photogrammetry. After all, those 1.5 million cities probably cover 95% of the world's population yet MS is only showing us the photogrammetry stuff. I am not taking anything away from how amazing they look but please MS, can you reset expectations a little bit and show how most MOST of the world is going to really look like??

They actually already showed quite a lot of those cities and places. London and Paris weren't rendered by using photogrammetry datasources for example and a lot of other places from the world and weather episodes weren't rendered using photogrammetry datasources either. 

25 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

They actually already showed quite a lot of those cities and places. London and Paris weren't rendered by using photogrammetry datasources for example and a lot of other places from the world and weather episodes weren't rendered using photogrammetry datasources either. 

What lot of other places? London was shown almost at night time (late dusk) but even then it was clear the whole Canary Wharf area buildings were missing and at the incorrect height and nothing along the Thames resembled reality except the Shard.

Paris was top-down and one shot showing the Eifel Tower in the distance (probably ported from FSX).

Everywhere else is nice and close up photogrammetry.

7 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

About time we saw, Hongkong, Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, Doha..

100% agree. Major cities representing huge population centers and major airline hubs are not being shown at all. Vancouver, Honolulu, Wellington, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, KL, Auckland, Mexico City, Rio, Manchester, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo - I could go on.

MS will face a huge backlash when millions of simmers load up their home city and find it looks like that Gothenburg Sweden shot with lego brick buildings.

I am not trying to be a downer here (I think it is absolutely amazing so far!), but we should be shown more of the world as the sim will portray it, not just the glamour photogrammetry locations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

100% agree. Major cities representing huge population centers and major airline hubs are not being shown at all. Vancouver, Honolulu, Wellington, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, KL, Auckland, Mexico City, Rio, Manchester, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo - I could go on.

I understand your point. But I also understand that if they made a city like Dubai or London by hand, and then Bing comes 3 months later with the city scanned, its a waste of time and effort. I suppose they got some more info than us about those updates. 

Of course there will be other cities where they will made autogen/conversions/hand objects (mainly Asia), but I suppose that will come at a later development. 

Also, Azure will be learning in the meantime. I think I heard yesterday in the IGN interview that Azure make some (if not most) of the non photogrammetry models. 

Edited by aleex
  • Upvote 1

Now what I'd like to see next :  landscape in beautiful Japan (a city and some paddy fields NOT the Fuji please) and some large shantytown sprawls like in Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, Africa as they are often close to airports. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

22 minutes ago, aleex said:

I understand your point. But I also understand that if they made a city like Dubai or London by hand, and then Bing comes 3 months later with the city scanned, its a waste of time and effort. I suppose they got some more info than us about those updates. 

Yes agreed, it would be wasted effort. I doubt they will do custom 3D models for cities at all if there is a Bing pipeline. But it has taken Bing 15 years to do 388 cities which is less than 1% of the world, so I think there is a lot of scope for 3rd party companies to make cityscapes in the meantime.

54 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

What lot of other places? London was shown almost at night time (late dusk) but even then it was clear the whole Canary Wharf area buildings were missing and at the incorrect height and nothing along the Thames resembled reality except the Shard.

Paris was top-down and one shot showing the Eifel Tower in the distance (probably ported from FSX).

Everywhere else is nice and close up photogrammetry.

Well I was wrong about them being in the Weather episode, but there are some cityscapes in the World episode that weren't photogrammetry if I'm correct. Maybe I could make a list of all the locations and whether they are based on photogrammetry or not tonight along with some links to screenshots, will make a post when I get to it. 

IconA5.jpg

This is a nice example of a city area not based on photogrammetry. Sure, those areas are not as detailed as the photogrammetry locations, but they do the job better than anything we got up till now.

• Like 1

Much as we like to think about MSFS place in the world as far as gamers are concerned a passing mention and video at X19, then back to the important thing new games and project scarlet and the talk of more yet unannounced big titles to come next summer, and when project scarlet is released the games will be the main focus, that`s how Microsoft will make money to pay for the platform to compete with the other platform`s.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, fta2017 said:

What lot of other places?

If I remember correctly these non-photogrammetry cities are:

London

Paris

Brisbane

Sydney

Lisbon

Porto

Seoul

São Paulo

Newcastle, GB 

Dubai

Gothenburg

Sant Antoni de Portmany

Some of them give us a pretty good idea of how these cities look like in the sim (in the current pre-alpha build that is), especially London, Paris, Brisbane and Sydney.

Edited by Shack95
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I thought hearing there are more cities than these listed above. In any case, the video confirms that the Photogrammetry will be refreshed according to distance and heigh (LOD) like the one in Google Earth when we go in Simulation mode.  

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

If I'm not mistaken these are:

London

Paris

Brisbane

Sydney

Lisbon

Porto

Seoul

São Paulo

Newcastle, GB 

Dubai

Gothenburg

Sant Antoni de Portmany

Some of them give us a pretty good idea of how these cities look like in the sim (in the current pre-alpha build that is), especially London, Paris, Brisbane and Sydney.

We got a preview in one video of NY and it looked Photogrammetry as far as I could see. I mean there should be some North American cities there.

10 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

We got a preview in one video of NY and it looked Photogrammetry as far as I could see. I mean there should be some North American cities there.

Yes, NY and most US cities have photogrammetry. These here are non-photogrammetry cities. I‘ve posted them because someone asked about them. Should have specified it, sorry.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Yes, NY and most US cities have photogrammetry. These here are non-photogrammetry cities. I‘ve posted them because someone asked about them. Should have specified it, sorry.

Ah ok but a friend noticed int he video that Dubai looked like photogrammettry.