Sign in to follow this  
Mucker

IGN Interviewing dev

Asobo made the 747 confirmed. Maybe we can stop the PMDG speculation lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Question is will the default 747 compare to a PMDG 747. Very curious to see how detailed the systems of the default jets will be.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 minute ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Question is will the default 747 compare to a PMDG 747. Very curious to see how detailed the systems of the default jets will be.

Listen to the interview. FMS is included along with most of the systems depth we've all come to love in payware.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Asobo made the 747 confirmed. Maybe we can stop the PMDG speculation lol

PMDG will come to MSFS and they want them to.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

PMDG will come to MSFS and they want them to.

I'm talking about the speculation that PMDG made the 747 shown in the video..........

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Developer at 8:00: "We're not trying to dumb it down.  This is a sim for simmers, first and foremost."  

Music to my ears!

Edited by dmiannay
  • Upvote 5

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

3 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Developer at 8:00: "We're not trying to dumb it down.  This is a sim for simmers, first and foremost."  

This ought to reinforce all that we're seeing right now.  This is going to be an all-in simulator.

Though I imagine you'll be able to dumb it down quite a lot if you want to. The game is coming to XB1 after launch, so i assume they'll take controllers into account.

Even in FSX/P3D you can take off and land with a X-Box controller with the default aircraft with all the settings turned down.

Edited by Tuskin38

11 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Music to my ears!

That was great! But did you also see how the poor guy was trying delicately not to create a back lash for the over reacting simmers? I mean there is going to be an aircraft you can basically push A on a controller and fly just like I do with the f22 in the super ultra realistic not for gamers P3d but he wouldn’t say that! probably bc so many people would run with it on places like here, and others. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TravelRunner404 said:

That was great! But did you also see how the poor guy was trying delicately not to create a back lash for the over reacting simmers? I mean there is going to be an aircraft you can basically push A on a controller and fly just like I do with the f22 in the super ultra realistic not for gamers P3d but he wouldn’t say that! probably bc so many people would run with it on places like here, and others. 

I think his point was that, in addition to it being a full fledged simulator in the same vein as FSX/P3D, it will also be accessible to all ranges of people with different abilities or even physical challenges.  That's a good thing.  To me it's a both-and type of arrangement.  Hard core simmers will be able to do what we do, but there will be features that let beginners and others ease into the hobby with baby steps. Win-win.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

I'm talking about the speculation that PMDG made the 747 shown in the video..........

I know I think they will bring the PMDG version to the sim.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Even in FSX/P3D you can take off and land with a X-Box controller with the default aircraft with all the settings turned down.

Well, actually I think I could reasonnably fly a real Cessna 172 with an Xbox controller.
Provided one knows how to start a lawmover (fuel + starter), you apply full power and the aircraft will accelerate and takeoff by itself. Then left to go left, right to go right, pull to go up, push to go down. This is the first lesson for every student, and they do fly the thing.

Pretty sure it is rocket science. Some people are really otherthinking flying through the prisme of flightsimming, it far more simple in the real world.

8 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I mean there is going to be an aircraft you can basically push A on a controller and fly just like I do with the f22 in the super ultra realistic not for gamers P3d but he wouldn’t say that!

Yes, if you start on runway with engine active in P3D as in the real aircraft and from here you apply full trhottle you will fly. Even in a F22. That's physics. So that does not mean you won't get the engine in trouble or so, but you get the point.

Yes, anyone can fly, and we should introduce flying to anyone. We need to create passions and careers, flying clubs need pilots, general aviation need pilots, airlines need pilots. If it start with an Xbox controller, so be it, yes ten thousand times to this.

Edited by tarere
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tarere said:

Well, actually I think I could reasonnably fly a real Cessna 172 with an Xbox controller.

Exactly. Don't know what the type of controller/joystick has to do with realism. Stick travel on an xbox controller is way smaller than IRL but the same goes for 90% of the joysticks.

When using flightsims on my laptop I have to use my logitech gamepad, no need to turn anything down. 

Using a separate stick for rudder control is more realistic than a twist grip joystick.

• Upvote 1

I have been using an Xbox One controller to fly in FSX, P3D, XPL and AFS2 for years. There are 14 buttons and combos which can be programmed and I can fly a C172 easily without even using the keyboard, including setting the heading bug, engaging autopilot, changing the time of day, applying brakes, adjusting flaps, throttle, trim and more.

I find it far more intuitive and accessible that using my Logitech 3D Pro joystick or a yolk/throttle combo. Plus it is bluetooth wireless and works across Windows, mac and iOS as well for many apps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

When using flightsims on my laptop I have to use my logitech gamepad, no need to turn anything down. 

When studying for IFR rating I was using a laptop with... a mouse... to fly the Baron. Strange enough the laws of physics did not change with such a non realistic setup, pitch + power was still giving the same results. I'm still shaken by this discovery.

By the way, "mouse as yoke" works great, I mean i found it be more precise than low quality yokes.

• Like 1