Sign in to follow this  
Mucker

IGN Interviewing dev

I would laugh so hard at all the NGXu buyers if they do also make a 737 what makes PMDG obsolete 

Edited by DaWu

Lukas Dalton

They employ a guy with a PhD in rooftop reconstruction. Wow. 

I'm surprised how little interest there's been in the XCub since the screenshot of it was released. Everyone (on AVSIM at least) seems to be most interested in jets. Not my thing personally. So I was really, really happy to hear him say you can land on beaches etc. I'd been wondering just how good bush flying will be. It sounds like out of those 48,000 airports, there will be bush airfields, but it will be interesting to see if the terrain model can identify things like sandbars in rivers and model the surface appropriately to make realistic landings on them. Will fields have fences or hedgerows? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bottle said:

I'm surprised how little interest there's been in the XCub since the screenshot of it was released. Everyone (on AVSIM at least) seems to be most interested in jets. Not my thing personally. So I was really, really happy to hear him say you can land on beaches etc. I'd been wondering just how good bush flying will be. It sounds like out of those 48,000 airports, there will be bush airfields, but it will be interesting to see if the terrain model can identify things like sandbars in rivers and model the surface appropriately to make realistic landings on them. Will fields have fences or hedgerows? 

I’ve seen rocks and bushes being placed by the AI where it thinks they exist. Also grass and trees (the non-photogrammetric ones) are being placed the some way.

Sandbars will be part of the mesh and the last trailer showed pretty accurate rock formations, which could mean they have a really accurate mesh representation. This + the AI can bring excellent results for bush flying.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, Bottle said:

Well to be honest, there is just so much to try once we get our hands on it. I've got a gazillion locations in mind I want to visit, I've got plenty of flights I want to make, there'll be so much aircraft to try out and fly, there's so much types of weather I want to see during broad daylight, at dusk and dawn and at night. Then I want to see a lot of those locations during different times of the day and with different weather. I want to try out the new ridge wind model, turbulence, rain, icing... Man, I haven't even got a clue where to start anymore LOL

But then again I can already see me landing at a nice beach to watch the sun set and try to land on really difficult airstrips in poor weather conditions. The XCub will be the perfect aircraft for this and I also look forward to try some bush flying in it. There's just so much coming to us all at once, it is actually quite hard to focus on just one thing to focus interest on.

But I think this sim will actually shine on the GA and bush flying parts as much as it does on the airliner parts. With the 'old' sims the scenery on the ground just didn't really invite you to explore, first of all you had to (buy), download and install the scenery which quickly chains you to specific locations. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bottle said:

I am 100% with you and have several times requested to see some bush strip envirnment in the teasers ! I agree the XCub might very well be the hidden gem in the new sim !

"Will fields have fences or hedgerows?" and will fences and hedgerows  bring about bumpiness  :wink:

EDIT I'd add the Caravan to the XCub. A good turboprop to land on these nasty PNG strips 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sounds like they are getting the balance just right. All the best, modern complex games are able to hide that complexity and introduce it gradually as the player is ready for it. For example, it sounds like the 747 will have total system depth but I bet there will be different stages you can jump in at, automated steps if you want to try and start from scratch but get lost, etc etc. Imagine there is a fully interactive tutorial scenario for a 747. Oh man. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bottle said:

I am interested, i am interested. But you can do that in FSX too. You see what i am getting at?
Per se the claim is nothing exceptional. What will make it exceptional is how the aircraft tyres will behave with the sand or unpaved runways or rough terrain.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

. Imagine there is a fully interactive tutorial scenario for a 747. Oh man. 

Looking forward to that and specially to the interactive checklists some of them spoke of, some time ago . That should standard fare on any high level aircraft.

I understood that they will have 'gamey' (for lack of a proper word)  tutorials to help newbies to get familiar with the complexity of the aircraft :wink:, not a bad idea.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Agree. Nothing wrong with games, they are fun and from a lot of learning stuff I’ve done at work recently, is the way learning things is going (or has already gone) anyway. 

14 hours ago, Bottle said:

I'm taking the X-Cub ( please have a float version too ) to TFFJ , St. Barthélemy and landing on the beaches. If memory serves me right it's usually a airport that get's attention in the base sim, I think! Along with the one where the big jet's fly over the fence and blow people over sometimes, the airport name escapes me 🙂 I would think they would both get a little love, and if not a freeware and payware ones will be available at some point! BTW, even the C-172 looks awesome, along with the Airbus, 747-800, and the CJ4 regional jet, and please let the TBM 930 have the G3000 in it. I can't wait to fly seaplanes in this sim 🙂

Like others have said, I want to fly to areas now I never considered, Italy, Spain, and a billion other places cause they look awesome in the video footage! And Zurich in the video with the rain and weather, it's one of my favorite airports.

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

49 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

For example, it sounds like the 747 will have total system depth but I bet there will be different stages you can jump in at, automated steps if you want to try and start from scratch but get lost, etc etc. Imagine there is a fully interactive tutorial scenario for a 747. Oh man. 

I wouldn't bet, but would very much acknowledge this approach. Accompanied by good manuals.

Kind regards, Mcihael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If any Asobosoft people are reading, it would be really nice to get a little footage of a landing on a bush strip. So we can see what it’s like descending down below the trees and how the grass comes into view.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bottle said:

If any Asobosoft people are reading, it would be really nice to get a little footage of a landing on a bush strip. So we can see what it’s like descending down below the trees and how the grass comes into view.

Even ready to give some hints, let's see : Chisana in Alaska, Memaloose 25U in Idaho or Yongai in PNG :smile:. More if you want a larger selection !

• Like 1

Dominique

I was (still I am) a bit concerned about the quantity of photogrammetry cities we will have compared to Google earth, but he says around 6:60 that Being is making new ones and as soon as they are made the are added to the sim so it is in constant evolution.

I REALLY like that. Now, can we have the UK (not just Southampton) and Paris included, pretty please?

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.