Sign in to follow this  
Guest reza1st

Flickering Black Display when Starting FS9!

Guest reza1st

Hello, I have bought a new computer (Dell XPS700) with Nvidia 1 GB GeForce Dual GPU and have setup the latest drivers for it. When I run FS2004 I get flickering black display at the start and when for example running fspassengers and try to close and open the mini windows. I have AF set to 16 and AA at 4, tried 8 and 16, same problem. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I hope I am at the right forum! Thanks, Reza

I know this may be a shot in the dark, but did you have other drivers in your system before updating to the latest? I ask because, if you did, and used the add/remove programs in windows to remove the old first, there still may be remnants of the old drivers that could cause conflicts. Also, did you try another driver to see? There is a program called Driver Cleaner Pro which is free at tweaksrus. Plus a ton of info on the forums there about drivers in general. I use Driver Cleaner Pro anytime I remove an old driver. It does wonders. If you already are aware of these things, sorry to waste your time. I hope this helps you out. I'm sure others will join in with good suggestions as well. Keep us posted. Also, this thread most likely will be moved to the hardware forum. That is the best place to ask for advice like this. Have a great night.

Guest reza1st

Thank you very much for your help. though it didn't fix the problem.there are lots of drivers so I don't know which one is the best that's why I decided to go with the latest one.It is not too critical of a problem but if anyone has anymore suggestions I would appreciate it.thank you again,Reza