Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

Aeroworx B200 update. How did I miss this?

Guest JimC1702

It was posted on the Aeroworx forum on 8-28-06. Maybe it was mentioned here but got lost in the morass of FSX posts.http://www.aeroworx.com/b200/pilots/awxb200v2.1.zipFrom the Aeroworx forum:"This version includes an autopilot update which significantly improves the B200 autopilot's ILS LOC capture capability.The autopilot will now sense the LOC and position itself for a proper intercept. In most cases there will be no overshoot of the localizer"Jim

I hope they fixed the autopilot tracking, I find the aircraft drifting off course quite a lot.Dave F.

Guest BOPrey

Ha, I was wondering today. I spent an hour flown to the destination with Radar Contact only be screwed up by the autopilot trying to capture the ILS. It was so bad that the plane sank and turned wildly. I eventurally hand flown the plane down the running starting from IAF. Hope they fixed this.

As one of the beta testers for the V2+ versions of this aircraft, I've got to say here that when operated in a realistic manner, the Aeroworx King Air has always acquired and tracked the localizer very well. Two of the beta testers fly the King Air professionally (each with thousands of hours in the bird) and they had no complaints.Over in the Aeroworx forum, we recently assisted a customer who was having difficulty getting the plane to acquire the localizer, and it turned out he was commencing his approach at 200 KIAS! As a result of that exchange, Henning took steps to make the AP tracking more robust, but the aircraft has always performed as it should when flown properly.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Dave,Have you brought the details of your problem to the Aeroworx forum? You'll find plenty of eager help there!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest BOPrey

I did the update, it works well. My highest speed at the time of hitting the approach button is about 155. Before the update, it sometimes works great, but sometimes does wild turns when the plane is a little far of the ILS course. Maybe I shouldn't have hit the approach button until I'm closer to the ILS course.

I believe the update improves the loc capture. There is a post there about the correct way to use appr mode as well that will prevent these issues with overshooting. Gotta take the B200 up for flight, it's been a while. Hope this helps.

The Aeroworx King Air B200 has given me hundreds and hundreds of hours of flying pleasure: it can do short flights, long flights, ifr, vfr, corporate, medical, etc. - a true swiss army knife of general aviation and corporate aviation. It's the plane I fly the most now (as measured by hours logged in FS Flight Keeper).A major source of frustration has always been the difficulty of getting the taxi speed just right, but a quick tip on the aeroworx forum solved that issue: putting the condition levers at a torque of 250 before taxiing. The other thing is: it must really be flown by the book, especially during descent, approach, and landing, or else grief will quickly ensue. IMHO, the main problem here is the often, to put it mildly, erratic vectoring by the default FS ATC. often requiring last minute stuka dive bombs. Oh, and if you love the King Air, you owe it to yourself to buy and download the King Air B200 video from flightvideoproductions.http://www.flightvideoproductions.com/kingair350.htmricardo

Guest BOPrey

I fly the B200 a lot. It is realistic, fast, and best of all CPU friendly. What I would like to see is some real damage modeling like the FSD Navajo.

Guest Airtime

>It was posted on the Aeroworx forum on 8-28-06. Maybe it was>mentioned here but got lost in the morass of FSX posts.>>http://www.aeroworx.com/b200/pilots/awxb200v2.1.zip>>From the Aeroworx forum:>>"This version includes an autopilot update which significantly>improves the B200 autopilot's ILS LOC capture capability.>>The autopilot will now sense the LOC and position itself for a>proper intercept. In most cases there will be no overshoot of>the localizer">>Jim>I missed it as well. Usually when a big payware product such as this has an update there is a headline here at Avsim. Was that not the case this time?Anyway, thanks for the heads up.AT

Yes thanks for the heads up from me as well - I missed it.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Don't know if this is relative to this bird or not, probably not, but for what it is worth.....The directives for some flightsim planes is to engage "NAV" or "Localizer" when the azmith signal is first active (Don't remember which ones). The "Approach" function is not engaged until the glideslope is intercepted and becomes active. I usually use this method on all birds and approaches although is is purely accademic for the vast majority and makes no difference.Happy flying:RTH

Damage modeling? I don't have the FSD Navajo, so I'm not familiar with its damage modeling...Wear and tear is most definitely modeled in the Aeroworx King Air. Run those engines hot, and over time, you'll see a decline in performance...just like the real thing.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Guest BOPrey

Have you seen it? And how do I kill an engine? Just want to try it out.