Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

Aeroworx B200 update. How did I miss this?

If you have hot starts enabled, you can definitely fry an engine. Here's what I managed to do -- wasn't intentional at all, but the developer confirms my observations: I NEARLY hot-started an engine. I recognized that the ITT rise on startup was fast, and I pulled the condition lever to cutoff before the needle pegged...I didn't "fry" the engine, but the left and right engines now have decidedly different performance characteristics. One engine runs hotter than the other. If I set the power at cruise by the recommended ITT of less than 750 degrees (I give myself a margin for error and try to keep it below 740 degrees), one engine produces more torque than the other. If I set cruise power by fuel consumption, one engine runs hotter. One user reported that after he'd been running the engines at redline ITT (which is where all the speed and power numbers in the book come from) for quite some time (several hundred hours), he got a noticable and pronounced performance decline. He thought he was losing his mind, but again, the developer confirms that this behavior is coded into the engine performance.If you want to kill an engine, you might try enabling failures and then not topping up (or changing out) the engine oil.I know that tire wear is also modeled...the rate at which my tire wear indication in the maintenance module changes has declined significantly since I've gotten proficient at landing the King Air. I don't know what happens if you let the tires get truly worn out...Henning won't tell me...but I suspect that bad things would be in the offing if I did.Trust me, there are many layers to the Aeroworx King Air.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest BOPrey

I have everything (including hot start) enable. So far, I have been doing things by the book. Now, since you said it, I am going to try to fry the engines. LoL.BTW. During engine start up, my n1 never reach 12. The highest I got is 11.9. Any thing wrong that I am doing?

BOPrey,That sounds like a support question to me...would you please post that at the Aeroworx forum?www.aeroworx.comThanks!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest BOPrey

My mistake. If I wait long enough, it eventurally reach 12.