Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Microsoft, three points to Boost Sales and Get More Users

After watching the videos and interviews, it all looks impressive. However... to shape this sim for max profits, I think they should:

1. Work on post processing the photogrammetry trees. The buildings in the city look great but the trees could use some post processing to make them less "blob" like. I realize the Asobo guys may already be working on this.

2. Check the clouds. It seems too many times the clouds look like some Doomsday end of the world movie. Maybe check the clouds, make them less doomsdayish.

3. MS can claim a big win if the sim can update the Nav data each month and always be up to date. Pretty sure every simmer will appreciate that, Big time.

Greazer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel a need, again, to remind that every single footage out there is pre-alpha.

Edited by Evros
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Evros said:

I feel a need, again, to remind that every single footage out there is pre-alpha.

And that is why feedback during earlier stages of development is important because it is less expensive to make changes earlier than later. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Yes, in alpha or beta stage, but analyzing pre-alpha footage that way is completely futile.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evros said:

Yes, in alpha or beta stage, but analyzing pre-alpha footage that way is completely futile.

No, it is not futile, Evros. Besides the promo value I suspect that Asobo looks for and can benefit from us underlining what we don't feel right, even at that stage. If it is not outrageous, thats to say. I don't always agree with the OP but what he wrote here are interesting remarks. Prealpha is when things can be changed.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, Evros said:

Isn't that exactly how you pick up feedback and improve your product, by having the users see your product and make comments? We know they roam these forums, so if they see comments regarding trees, clouds or what else the public is shown, they can bring those improvements to the team and discuss it internally? If it's things they are already working on or have plans of improving; great, no need to do anything further.

Pre-alpha, alpha, beta, that's exactly the stages where feedback and critique needs to be brought up, that's when they are building it, shaping it.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

@domkle @Sethos

You both make valid arguments for certain scenarios, but large scale early development doesn't work that way. Testers have access to client with all it's variables and different configurations (settings), client information, roadmaps and all else.

If we don't even know the client settings and capabilities then making some kind of suggestion or interpolation is basically impossible. Especially when we are talking about compressed and lossy YouTube video.

Sure, we could debate on what we see or what we want to see, but it is so theoretical because we just don't have enough data to draw adequate conclusions, much less make development suggestions.

Edited by Evros

I have said this in other threads but the biggest thing that detracts from the gorgeous visuals, or even the not so gorgeous visuals IMO, is pop in and abrupt LOD changes which are very noticeable in some video we have seen.

But without more information there is no real way to know if the devs consider it an issue with the engine or it just needs fine tuning or it just requires some optimisation down the line that they are confident will fix it.

They will almost certainly be concentrating on functionality for the initial alpha phases anyway so graphics and non core elements such as road traffic or improving trees etc will be lower priority for now but that doesn't mean they are not working on them or at least looking to improve them.

I'm genuinely excited in watching this project progress, devouring all information, and patiently awaiting each new update from the devs.

• Upvote 1