Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Portland Oregan Scenery....Run and Get it....I am!!!

I was about to post the same :DSlow download at the moment, so far 6MB into it with another 6hrs to go, I can wait though :)

Guest PDX Bailey

Will certainly look forward to some user reviews and hopefully screen shots of some of the early buyers of this product. It certainly looks wonderful with some of the beta screenshots I have been seeing.Am particularly interested in how smoothly it flys, i.e., frames per second.

Guest aarskringspier

Youll see minimal difference between default and Flight Scenery in terms of performance.

Guest Northy

Hi guys,sorry to sound dumb,but where can I download the file. Cant find it in the libray here.....Thanks,Regards,Martin.

I cant even get the download to work. It is as popular as I thought it would be. I am sure a crash is soon to come.

. . free upgrade, I believe. I just tried to go to the site to check the correctness of my statement, but - the sites down!!!!! (Edited - It's back up - I think they have added another download site)- pjI downloaded it the second the website changed and have just completed my first cct around KPDX. It's absolutely the best. I know it's a cliche - but the immersion during landing on 28L, over the highway, with it's moving vehicles; the bridge, the complexity of buildings, lights, vehicles, just plain "stuff" - is "as real as it gets", for me. There was a 6ft aluminum ladder alongside a gpu next to the Tweet when I opened the flight. Frame rates were fine at 40% airline traffic. (Asus mb, 3.2 Intel, 1600XTPro/256MB, 1 gig and XP): at 100% I had stutters, but not too bad. I'm happy.This is one that has to be jumped at - along with Rhode Island. Incredible. regards,

Im definitely going to get this scenery! But Im going to wait a few days and let the rush to download it die down a little.

It is amazing how much you get for just $10 more than most single Airport sceneries. The modeling is rivaled by no one. What an incredible package.

Guest jgreth123

>Im definitely going to get this scenery! But Im going to wait>a few days and let the rush to download it die down a little.We have TONS of bandwidth now so no one should get slow downloads anymore :) We had one slow server which was taken down now and replaced w/ a fast one :)Don't need to wait due to bandwidth.

>We have TONS of bandwidth now so no one should get slow>downloads anymore :) We had one slow server which was taken>down now and replaced w/ a fast one :)>>Don't need to wait due to bandwidth.Well I have a cable internat connection so thats not the main reason why Im going to wait. The amin reason why I am going to wait is because I am waiting for this months credit card bill to come so I can see how much money I will have to spend on the "extras" :)(I collect model trucks and also buy payware stuff for FS9 and I call that extras)

>Boy..They have some fast servers there...>>>MannyJust downloaded from Server 1 --- almost 8 minutes! Haven't installed yet, but will say "Thank You" to the developers.I know it will be great since I've been running Providence since issue with great performance and enjoyment.JackD

I installed it a few hrs ago. VERY VERY nice. i still get 30 fps on my system when using lds767 but that is a pretty good system too. i love the detail. the wig wags are awesome!Jack

I had the pleasure of flying this scenery at the conference last week and I echo all the previous acolades. The scenery is fantastic especially at night. I will be getting it too although most of my flying now is in NZ, AU & Alaska. But Portland is a good location for the Alaska trips.

This is absolutely brilliant!! The bar has just been raised folks! Enormously fine, accurate detail and NO EFFECT on frame rates! Incredible!Cheers,Noel.

I have to echo the same accolades, truly amazing work from the Flightscenery guys. The textures are very realistic and I have less of an impact than the default in that area. I fly out of KTTD all the time into Holgers Gorge scenery and rarely go west towards Portland, this all just changed.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

I will join the chorus and say this (in my opinion) is the finest scenery ever for flightsim. Just finished a short flight from Portland to Hillsboro. I'm just astonished at the beautiful detail and superb performance. Bravo Vauchez!!!!Jeff Williams (KDCA)

What makes me happy is the fact I've been told CYVR will be finished after Portland's release! YEEHAW!!!! :-)FaxCap

This is what all scenery packages should be like. Its got photorealterrain textures with mesh and very good autogen placement. The scenerybuildings are great. There are cars and trucks running along on thehighway. It didn't even affect my frame rates like I thought it would.This is a complete package and apparently will be upgradeable to FSX.I can't wait to fly the Ultralight in amongst the trees and to see howclose I can get to the bridges.This is fantastic work. Thank you to flightscenery!

I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it" cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night. I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. Bob...

>I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a>descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I>would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it">cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords>runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. >>The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy>of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on>my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night.>I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is>also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. >>>Bob...Hi Bob,After disabling the default.xml per their instructions it runs very smooth and virtually no frame rate hit for me. I was seeing some noticeable slowing down around KPDX before doing that change.

>I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a>descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I>would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it">cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords>runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. >>The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy>of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on>my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night.>I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is>also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. >>>Bob...Bob, with AI or not? There is a lot of room for AI and if you have the wrong models installed, it can give you a big hit. I find Tongass (before the optimization) on the same level as this scenery performance wise.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD