Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Portland Oregan Scenery....Run and Get it....I am!!!

I installed it a few hrs ago. VERY VERY nice. i still get 30 fps on my system when using lds767 but that is a pretty good system too. i love the detail. the wig wags are awesome!Jack

I had the pleasure of flying this scenery at the conference last week and I echo all the previous acolades. The scenery is fantastic especially at night. I will be getting it too although most of my flying now is in NZ, AU & Alaska. But Portland is a good location for the Alaska trips.

This is absolutely brilliant!! The bar has just been raised folks! Enormously fine, accurate detail and NO EFFECT on frame rates! Incredible!Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I have to echo the same accolades, truly amazing work from the Flightscenery guys. The textures are very realistic and I have less of an impact than the default in that area. I fly out of KTTD all the time into Holgers Gorge scenery and rarely go west towards Portland, this all just changed.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

I will join the chorus and say this (in my opinion) is the finest scenery ever for flightsim. Just finished a short flight from Portland to Hillsboro. I'm just astonished at the beautiful detail and superb performance. Bravo Vauchez!!!!Jeff Williams (KDCA)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

What makes me happy is the fact I've been told CYVR will be finished after Portland's release! YEEHAW!!!! :-)FaxCap

This is what all scenery packages should be like. Its got photorealterrain textures with mesh and very good autogen placement. The scenerybuildings are great. There are cars and trucks running along on thehighway. It didn't even affect my frame rates like I thought it would.This is a complete package and apparently will be upgradeable to FSX.I can't wait to fly the Ultralight in amongst the trees and to see howclose I can get to the bridges.This is fantastic work. Thank you to flightscenery!

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it" cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night. I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. Bob...

>I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a>descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I>would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it">cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords>runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. >>The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy>of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on>my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night.>I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is>also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. >>>Bob...Hi Bob,After disabling the default.xml per their instructions it runs very smooth and virtually no frame rate hit for me. I was seeing some noticeable slowing down around KPDX before doing that change.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>I must have settings or system problems because I'm getting a>descent frame rate hit. Certainly NOT default. You think I>would have learned to be skeptical of the "run and get it">cliche' posted 10 minutes after the release. :)Tongass Fjords>runs much higher on my system relative to frame rates. >>The quality of the scenery is excellent and certainly worthy>of the praise however, there indeed is frame rate penalty on>my system. As much as 30% in the daytime and 50% at night.>I'll try the config changes in the docs (which by the way is>also excellent. ) and head over the their support forum. >>>Bob...Bob, with AI or not? There is a lot of room for AI and if you have the wrong models installed, it can give you a big hit. I find Tongass (before the optimization) on the same level as this scenery performance wise.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Best, Michael

KDFW

This scenery is a nice compliment to the Georender area just north (and one south) of the Portland area. It goes without saying, this is diffidently one of the best if not the best sceneries released (performance is outstanding)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Not to mention Holgers gorge scenery and there are several small outposts/strips by SRead and Jordan Moore at Hovercontrol that make great destinations in the Portland/gorge area.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Hey Guys released about half and hour>ago....Whooooohooooo!!!!WOW!!:( I just checked all the screen shots at their website! That scenery looks so realistic!! I still can't believe that it's for FS9! I think that has got to be the best scenery I've ever seen for an addon so far. A real bonus if the FPS doesn't drop off too much.Yes, I'm planning on a download too!!Regards,Mark

Hi Michael,I do have UT but the AI traffic is set very low. I removed the F1UT duplicate afcad for Portland International. There is something at the airport that takes my FPS from a locked 24 to 12 whenever I am looking at it. If I pan away, the FPS instantly increases to 24. The closest add-on I have is Holger's Tongass and Misty Fjord. I am using UT USA and Canada and FS Genesis 38m mesh for the US. Thank you.Dell XPS 3.6 P4Radeon 9800/256mbBob...

Guest aarskringspier

Bob I got that too on the last beta all I had to do was remove it completely and reinstall it and it was completely cleared up.