Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Portland Oregan Scenery....Run and Get it....I am!!!

Guest sssummer

>What makes me happy is the fact I've been told CYVR will be>finished after Portland's release! YEEHAW!!!! :-)>>>FaxCap>Yeah, but unfortunately it will not be done by Vauchez after all. Click on the NEWS button at http://www.fsaddon.com/.Oh well, they are still going to build CYVR, plus release a Vancouver Plus 1.1 upgrade for free.Brian S.

Guest PDX Bailey

If anyone is interested, someone took time to post some really good shots of the FZ02 Troutdale airport in the screenshots forum at FLIGHTSIM.com.If you take time to look, the shots of Troutdale are pretty amazing, considering that Troutdale wasn't one of the three primary airports in FZ02.

>Yeah, but unfortunately it will not be done by Vauchez after>all. Click on the NEWS button at http://www.fsaddon.com/.>>Oh well, they are still going to build CYVR, plus release a>Vancouver Plus 1.1 upgrade for free.Thanks for pointing that out Brian. That's to bad but Bill and Jon willdo a great job. I see FSGenesis has just started releasing North American FSX mesh. USA will be 9.6M, Canada will be 19.1M and Mexico will be 38.2m. Combinethat with the new FSX terrain engine and things should look spectacular.FaxCap

What kind of FPS are you getting with this addon? Specifically with a large amount of traffic (70%+) around PDX with a complex aircraft? It sounds great, but there is no such thing is "no framerate loss" with addon scenery.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest aarskringspier

My frames are locked at 25; sitting at the gate with 70 percent AI in the VC of the PMDG 744 I get 18-20 FPS with real world weather, clouds, ASV6 etc etc etc.

It sounds great, but there is no>such thing is "no framerate loss" with addon scenery. Actually there is. If the designer excludes all the default objects and adds his own and optimizes them further and has less of them, it is possible.I thought the same thing with their Rhode Island scenery and it was slightly higher than the default, but since the default Portland was heavy already by default, this one is about the same.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Bottle

This addon is sooooper! Although I did have my first ever crash to desktop while flying around it. May have been coincidence.

Guest jgreth123

>This addon is sooooper! Although I did have my first ever>crash to desktop while flying around it. May have been>coincidence.The only thing that would cause a CTD would be a duplicate AFCAD ( rare to cause a CTD, mostly just lags the system ) or a scenery entry with a blank texture folder.Another common occurance seems to be a corrupted FSUIPC.ini in your modules directory. Whenever I get a CTD or experience strange behavior in MSFS I always double check my .ini file ( rename it, restart the sim [ this can be a pain if you use it for a lot of controller bindings like me :( ] ).

Guest Leafhopper

If you have Ultimate Terrain and or Holger's Columbia Gorge you will need the updates to make them compatible with FZ02 KPDX or you will have problems = mostly graphical but also FPD hits. I updated these and now it is about the same as the default KPDX fps.

Guest Leafhopper

"FPD hits" should read FPS hits! Fingers are a bit big tonight!

Guest Galant VR4

I just downloaded this scenery today. I have only flown around KPDX so far, but I must say this is the best scenery I have ever laid eyes on in FS. My frame rates actually increased compared to the default. I cant get over how much detail they put into this airport. The moving traffic is a HUGE plus!

Has anyone used this scenery in FSX and how did it run?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I finally broke down and bought this last night. Only had a short time in it so far. There most certainly is an fps hit for me. Mine are locked at 30 instead of 20, which might make a difference. Still, I'd like to know how you are getting "zero fps hit". However, the sim does stay in the low 20's at worst on my system when looking at highly detailed areas. Obviously I can settle for that :)I do have building and aircraft shadows on, so that might make a big difference. Those are often culprits in poor performance. The scenery looks absolutely amazing so far, although I haven't even gotten to check out the other airports. Makes me want to run out and get the Rhode Island version as well...On another note, what other scenery packages are recommended for the Portland and Washington area? I'm mostly a GA flyer (FlyTampa's SEA is looking tempting obviously as well).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>On another note, what other scenery packages are recommended>for the Portland and Washington area? I'm mostly a GA flyer>(FlyTampa's SEA is looking tempting obviously as well).Flytampa's KSEA is awesome, but probably not great for GA. For light GA, I LOVE the Orcas Island scenery by FSAddon. Looks great, and very easy on the frames. A flight from Orcas down to Portland would be very scenic.