Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

XO19 MSFS Playable Demo

Hi Guys,

The earlier post was written moments after the event on a wobbly train. No photos or video allowed. The ATC little snippet before arriving on the runway was realistic.

The PCs were locked away behind cabinets, I would not get too hung up on specs as this is still awaiting final approval before the alpha gets in the hands of the testers. The build we were playing according to the developers was close to the current Alpha build. ASOBO are aware that along with the MS dude (the one on the videos with the cap who was hands on in the demo area) that optimisation is coming and they have definitely read your study level vs default aircraft because that came up in conversation with them. They don't want you to spend extra!! It should be because of advances in technology they are finally able to do what we want!

The interface is modern and cool that David showed me away from prying eyes. The flight model has a similar Easy, Medium and Hard level similar to what we have now in Easy vs Realistic. We will find out more next week but the flight model has definitely been rebooted totally! The engine behaviour is also getting done.

I asked about VR and Seasons on release and they stayed quiet, please don't speculate . I am writing as I got it.

The flights were smooth and definitely NO stutters. Honeycomb hardware was driving the experience with a yoke and throttle quadrant. 

Even in offline mode and cached it looked amazing!!! Oh almost forgot I asked the MS Cap dude about Bing Map updates and he said parts of the world that are not widely known are being done now, they just get the updates and it updates the whole sim. They never get told when the updates are but they are happening fairly regularly according to cap dude (sorry I forgot your name)

Also about bridges, they are working on that right now as we speak and realise it is a challenge. So if you notice bad bridges, MS knows and are working on getting them right! Again from MS Cap Dude.

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

Edited by Duncan Odgers
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 6

You're our hero, Duncan!

15 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

They don't want you to spend extra!! It should be because of advances in technology they are finally able to do what we want!

I have no words for this, simply amazing. I feel like some people here don't allow others to state that they are simmers without having spend a fortune on add-ons.

As for the default aircraft = study level, I actually do believe them. Remember, this is a large team working on the project and they have the budget. I'm speculating right now but imagine that when the game releases they shift a large portion of the team over to aircraft development. Suddenly you might have 50-60 people working on 1 aircraft. Making a study level aircraft might not be impossible then (especially when you get such deep partnerships with real manufactures). I really think that the time of $100+ aircraft add-ons is over.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

5 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

Quick question.

Is a healthy kidney accepted as a payment method?

Come on, yours isn’t that healthy...

• Like 1

I mite be a newbie poster here, but I am a 30+ year simmer. Man I am getting old. I got 11 hours toward my ppl. My gut says the recent offering by PMDG, was a hedge against the reality that the out of the box tube-liners will be close to, or at the level PMDG currently has. Also the long posts By the heads of PMDG, certainly in my gut, is to reassure customers they are going to try hard as they can, to develop there offerings so they can still be a viable choice as an add on aircraft developer. Think of it for a second. If one gets the new sim, and sees the A320 and 8i are meeting all expectation on fidelity for them, there will be no reason to buy add on AC. But if PMDG sticks with the 737, Then it would be a good offering to add to your hangar. Considering the 737 is not in the box day one.

Edited by Keyholebud
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, simtom said:

As for the default aircraft = study level, I actually do believe them.

ROTFL....Sorry, but you can't  convince me that a default aircraft will be "study level" like PMDG.   Maybe go purchase a PMDG aircraft so you understand what "study level" actually means.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

ROTFL....Sorry, but you can't  convince me that a default aircraft will be "study level" like PMDG.   Maybe go purchase a PMDG aircraft so you understand what "study level" actually means.

See, this is the problem we're currently having in our community, the denial that a first party developer can make a study level aircraft. And I do own the 747 so I know what study level means. This is a long term project for Microsoft so it might definitely come at a later point in time.

Edited by simtom
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 13

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I agree. Maybe I’m mad, but I think the sort of developers that end up working for companies like Asobo and Microsoft are probably a lot more talented, and certainly have massively more resources, than those at small places like pmdg. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

I agree. Maybe I’m mad, but I think the sort of developers that end up working for companies like Asobo and Microsoft are probably a lot more talented, and certainly have massively more resources, than those at small places like pmdg. 

And they are many, last time we’ve heard there were 100+ people working on the sim.

They have a PHD in rooftops working for them... come on... that’s insane... 😂

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

Let me see. Boeing as a manufacturer, working with Microsoft, Literately right down the freaking street. On the new simulator. Let that sink in for a bit. Real world pilots confirming the Simulator plane. I can actually see Boeing using the real world aspects of Bing and Azure AI to develop real world training for real world pilots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will say looking at that 748 that PMDG has their work cut out on modelling, because that stock one looks better than their offering.  They're going to need to upgrade it to come to FS2020.