Sign in to follow this  
Fighter Guy

Minor Checklist Anomaly

Since the install of ver 2.8.10, I'm having a minor checklist anomaly. I have a few checklists that have in them 
a challenge and response for altimeter and other items. The checklist below is one of them. The problem I'm having 
is that the FO no longer repeats the response for altimeter, anti ice and flaps . For example when he reads the 
checklist item  "VSI," I say "1200 Set" he repeats "1200 Set", however when he reads "Altimeter" I say "29.92 Checked and Set" 
he says nothing and moves on to the next checklist item. He responds correctly to Trim, but not to Flap, even 
though they are written exactly the same. With Anti Ice, I say "off, on, or set", he says nothing and continues on. 
All other responses seem to work. I uninstalled v 2.8.10 and tried 2.8.05 and 2.8.06 and all items were responded to correctly, so the 
problem seems localized to v2.8.10. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

BEFORE TAKEOFF

[ ] WEATHER RADAR -- STANDBY  
[ ] FLIGHT CONTROLS -- _CHECKED //1
[ ] ALTITUDE -- _SET_ARMED //1 
[ ] V S I -- _SET //1 
[ ] NAV MODE -- HEADING SELECT //1
[ ] HEADING -- _SET //1
[ ] AIRSPEED -- _SET //1
[ ] ALTIMETER -- _CHECKED_SET //1
[ ] ANTI ICE -- AS REQUIRED //1
[ ] TRIM -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //1
[ ] FLAPS -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //1

Thanks again for a great product and great support,

Tony J

25 minutes ago, Fighter Guy said:

Since the install of ver 2.8.10, I'm having a minor checklist anomaly. I have a few checklists that have in them 
a challenge and response for altimeter and other items. The checklist below is one of them. The problem I'm having 
is that the FO no longer repeats the response for altimeter, anti ice and flaps . For example when he reads the 
checklist item  "VSI," I say "1200 Set" he repeats "1200 Set", however when he reads "Altimeter" I say "29.92 Checked and Set" 
he says nothing and moves on to the next checklist item. He responds correctly to Trim, but not to Flap, even 
though they are written exactly the same. With Anti Ice, I say "off, on, or set", he says nothing and continues on. 
All other responses seem to work. I uninstalled v 2.8.10 and tried 2.8.05 and 2.8.06 and all items were responded to correctly, so the 
problem seems localized to v2.8.10. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

BEFORE TAKEOFF

[ ] FLIGHT CONTROLS -- _CHECKED //1
[ ] V S I -- _SET //1 
[ ] NAV MODE -- HEADING SELECT //1
[ ] HEADING -- _SET //1
[ ] AIRSPEED -- _SET //1
[ ] ANTI ICE -- AS REQUIRED //1
[ ] TRIM -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //1
[ ] FLAPS -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //1

Thanks again for a great product and great support,

Tony J

change //1 to ...

//2 if only Fo's reply is expected

//3 if both of you have to reply

Edited by FS++

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

change //1 to ...

//2 if only Fo's reply is expected

//3 if both of you have to reply

Thanks for the quick response.

Made both changes to the checklist (//2 and //3) . It made no difference. He did not respond to the same 3 items. BTW I have buddy who is having the same problem. Different items but the same issue. All was working on 2.8.05 and 2.8.06.

Tony J

Same here for the //1. //2. //3 function and the _ function.     My work around for these issues I have are: 

For the responses,  in case of no reply needed from captain or pf, I string together the different pm checklist items as one.  

If the pm must respond to his own item with a verify from the captain or pm, I put his ‘verify checked’ on the left and my response to the right.     The result of these two methods is also a much faster checklist read like in the rw     

For the _ My work around has been to simply not state out loud the and mumble it in my head.    Like ‘verify (think in my head) set’.   I look forward if this issue is able to be resolved by me or other in future.   

While it would be nice that these work arounds were not needed in my case, MCE is of immense value to the simm experience that is essential to fly the aircraft as in the real world.      What a great tool to be able to call out mcp commands, activate flows that go with checklists and voxkey       

2 hours ago, wwslk said:

Same here for the //1. //2. //3 function and the _ function.     My work around for these issues I have are: 

For the responses,  in case of no reply needed from captain or pf, I string together the different pm checklist items as one.  

If the pm must respond to his own item with a verify from the captain or pm, I put his ‘verify checked’ on the left and my response to the right.     The result of these two methods is also a much faster checklist read like in the rw     

For the _ My work around has been to simply not state out loud the and mumble it in my head.    Like ‘verify (think in my head) set’.   I look forward if this issue is able to be resolved by me or other in future.   

While it would be nice that these work arounds were not needed in my case, MCE is of immense value to the simm experience that is essential to fly the aircraft as in the real world.      What a great tool to be able to call out mcp commands, activate flows that go with checklists and voxkey       

I suggest you update to latest V2.8.2.2 uploaded yesterday

We'll take it from there, as it's easier to look at existing code base, and modify it if necessary, rather than dig-up old version.

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

I suggest you update to latest V2.8.2.2 uploaded yesterday

We'll take it from there, as it's easier to look at existing code base, and modify it if necessary, rather than dig-up old version.

I updated to the latest version yesterday and can confirm that the same issue remains as far as my problem in the original post. 

As always thanks for the great support and great product. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Tony J 

1 hour ago, Fighter Guy said:

I updated to the latest version yesterday and can confirm that the same issue remains as far as my problem in the original post. 

As always thanks for the great support and great product. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Tony J 

Thank you.

Best wishes as well.

Will be looked at, beginning of next year..

On 1/7/2020 at 1:30 AM, Fighter Guy said:

Happy New Year,

Just an FYI,

Loaded latest version 2.8.2.4 and problem still exists.

Tony J

Happy new year Tony.

I think it's sorted in very latest V2.2.6 uploaded today

You need to change those \\1 to //3 (two forward slashes followed by digit 3)if you want both Fo and Captain to reply.

Thanks for bringing this up. Especially for your custom usage scenario with "ANY additional" speech spoken between "expected" replies.

Edited by FS++
Typos

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

You need to chgange those \\1 to \\\3 if you want both Fo and Captain to reply.

Gerald, i hope you mean \\3

🙂

Edited by starter

John Cramer

1 hour ago, starter said:

Gerald, i hope you mean \\3

🙂

Oops, my mistake, it's actually 2 forward slashes followed by a digit (between 2 and 7)

//2  Co-pilot only replies

//3  Both you the captain and co-pilot reply.

//4  Flight Engineer only replies.

//5  You the captain and Flight engineer reply.

//6  Both Co-pilot and Flight engineer reply.

//7 All crew members, including you the captain reply to checklist challenge

Thanks...

Gerald,

I've loaded and tested. Version 2.8.2.6

What I have found so far is that generally, if using (//3), FO will respond correctly to the checklist item . However if you have any checklist item where you want a number value stated, then a response, (_SET, _SET_ARMED OR _CHECKED_SET), for example COURSE -- "250 SET" written as (COURSE -- _SET //3) the FO only states "SET" with no value.

If I change the (//3) to (//1) he responds correctly, reading "250 SET" . The only item where this does not appear to be true is when the checklist item is ALTIMETER. In this case when he reads "ALTIMETER" the response from me would be 29.92 or 1013 "CHECKED AND SET", (ALTIMETER -- _CHECKED_SET //3). With (//3) FO only responds with "CHECKED AND SET" instead of "29.92 CHECKED AND SET". With (//1) he does not respond at all, and moves on to the next checklist item. With (//1) If I change the challenge to anything other than ALTIMETER, then he responds with the value and CHECKED AND SET. E.G. I changed the challenge "ALTIMETER" to "FREQUENCY", and stated "29.92 CHECKED and SET" and the FO read it back correctly. Almost seems as if the word "ALTIMETER" has more to do with the problem than anything else.

Also, before if you had a checklist response of "AS REQUIRED", the FO would respond with whatever I said. (e.g. ANTI ICE -- _AS REQUIRED //3) My response could be "ON, OFF" or any state or condition, and he would repeat "ON or OFF" etc. With (//3) he just says  
"AS REQUIRED". With (//1) he does not respond at all, and moves on to the next checklist item. Both of these were working in earlier MCE versions. 

[ ] ANNUNCIATOR PANEL -- CHECKED //3
[ ] TCAS RADAR -- MODE ONE 
[ ] FLIGHT CONTROLS -- CHECKED //3
[ ] V S I -- _SET //1
[ ] COURSE -- _SET //1

[ ] NAV MODE -- HEADING SELECT //3
[ ] HEADING -- _SET //1
[ ] AIRSPEED -- _SET //1

[ ] ANTI ICE -- AS REQUIRED //3
[ ] TRIM -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //3
[ ] FLAPS -- SET FOR TAKEOFF //3

As always this is a tremendous product, and thank-you for taking the time and looking at this issue. Your support is second to none!!! 

Tony J

Gerald,

Loaded latest version 2.8.2.8 and happy to say FO is responding correctly to all  checklist items with //3 or //1. Thanks for the fix. However the FO is now reading the checklist at a extremely slow pace. His pace when accomplishing flows is fine. Is there a way in the config file where his checklist reading speed can be increased? 

Thanks again for this great product.

Tony J

20 minutes ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Loaded latest version 2.8.2.8 and happy to say FO is responding correctly to all  checklist items with //3 or //1. Thanks for the fix. However the FO is now reading the checklist at a extremely slow pace. His pace when accomplishing flows is fine. Is there a way in the config file where his checklist reading speed can be increased? 

Thanks again for this great product.

Tony J

You're welcome.

Some users wanted some delay between 2 consecutive lines.

It's now optional for those who want it. 

Download this patch and replace "mce.exe". There should be no delay by default.

Edited by FS++