Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

Recognition of Freeware AI Developers

Hi.  I've been updating my AI traffic for P3D4 and was amazed at all the work that has been done *free of charge* by some pretty exceptional people.  The amount of updated AI plane models, repaints, and flight plans that are available is really remarkable and has allowed me and many others to enjoy realistic AI traffic without having to pay one cent. 

I've already expressed my thanks to the countless other freeware developers who make scenery, airplanes, sounds, repaints, utilities, etc. in another post so I won't repeat it here.

With all the news, hype, and excitement about various payware AI traffic related products that we constantly read about, I thought it was about time that these devoted AI traffic freeware folks get some recognition and gratitude.  Below is a list of the ones I am aware of:

Alpha India Group, Juergen's Paint Hangar, FSX AI Bureau, The Flying Carpet Hub, AI Aardvark(now defunct but models still available), United Traffic Team, The Fruit Stand(now defunct but models still available), HTAI Models, AI Malcontent, JCAI, Impulse AI, SBAI, Kyle's AI Works, Raven FS Labs, FSAI Repaints, ATCO Repaints, Skycolors.  I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I know of.

***Thank you all for your work***

Dave 

Edited by dave2013
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 6

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Well said.

+1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

OCI from AIG is in my book the freeware utility of the year and as Kai is continually improving it, he's also working on some new technology. Obviously the utility would be useless without the painters and all the modelers so yes, mega kudos to everyone involved. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'd like to also point out two others:

1. FLAI who have brought together a free compilation of AI Aircraft at no charge.  Although they lack traffic bgls for offline use, the thousands upon thousands of VATSIM pilots benefit from their work every time they fly.

2. Hendrick Nielsen and his team who created Global AI Shipping.  They not only researched and created a great many realistic AI Ship models and realistic traffic bgls, and brought them all together to increase the sim immersion level for all of us.  If you're not using the AI Shipping, you really should give it a try!   Many might not know this, but the ship models, paint schemes and traffic files are HIGHLY realistic, and often the name on the stern of the ship matches it's real world counterpart. Just damned impressive work!

Best wishes!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Totally agree. The quality of AI freely available adds a whole new dimension to simming. I’d add a mention for Juergen Baumbusch for his repaints, Erez at FAIB with his models and Simbol for his lights 

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

I can only add my thanks! The team at AIG (OCI. model conversions etc), FAIB, the various gifted repainters and I would like to add Nico and his PSXseecontraffic to the list. All of them are amazing and free - thanks for populating my skies and airports!

• Upvote 1

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Absolutely Nico and PSXT. He is continuesly improving his freeware products.

And don’t forget that he also has 2 extra products for adding AI traffic to PSXT and reading your airports.

So 3 great freeware products that I cannot fly without !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Agreed with the OP. The fine people at AIG are amazing and it wouldn't be possible without the model makers.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Hear hear to all of that.

ngxu_banner.png

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Absolutely Nico and PSXT

Do you need RealTraffic in order for PSXT to work? Or can it be used without that?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

AIG and MAIW for military ai, is my goto ai sources and they sure deserve all the credit. I wouldn't fly without any of them.

BTW Dave, it's Henrik Nielsen, not Hendrick 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 hours ago, Drumcode said:

OCI from AIG is in my book the freeware utility of the year and as Kai is continually improving it, he's also working on some new technology. Obviously the utility would be useless without the painters and all the modelers so yes, mega kudos to everyone involved. 

thanks, and yes we are improving lots of things in AIM for Version 1.0 at the moment. Besides that AIGTC is getting some treatment as well ( had to redesign our new AIGPLN Fileformat... some new ideas could not be included in the "old" fileformat xD). And one more secret Project has just left for the first time the build-process and I am testing it on different platforms^^

But as always, without the work of everyone all of this would not work 🙂

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

@Kaiii3 I feel honored and very lucky to have had the opportunity to meet you and Chris.

You guys do an amazing job and I am looking forward to see all the new stuff you are working with at the moment.

As a suggestion, open a comunicacion channel to the organizers of the Flight Sim Show 2020 (I can introduce you to Evan) It will be hosted in Vegas next year. I think you and Chris really deserve to be there. People here (including me) and many other forums will be more than happy to donate towards your travel expenses. Simply put because you and Chris deserve it!

Thanks for everything you guys do!.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jlund said:

BTW Dave, it's Henrik Nielsen, not Hendrick 🙂

Yeah, absolutely right. Thanks my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

People here (including me) and many other forums will be more than happy to donate towards your travel expenses. Simply put because you and Chris deserve it!

Count me in, I'll help out! Kai and Chris should definitely be there.

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5