Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Looking for some scenery around New England, USA?

Hi,What always happens when I release scenery here at Avsim is that some nice person writes to me and points out something is missing. So I end up having to release an update or two which is frustrating. :(So, with that in mind, considering that what I'm working on is a work in progress (is anything ever finished?), but still very usable, I have uploaded several scenery addons for the New England area on my site. As it gets more complete, I'll release it here, but that will probably be quite a while given everything that is going on.Most of it was designed for use with Ultimate Terrain and Freeflow New England. It includes handmade landclass for Massachusetts and portions of southern New Hampshire from Boston, north to the MA border, west to Worcester and south to the Cape and Islands, I've fixed a bunch of airports that were misplaced, including all the misplaced seaplane bases throughout NE and NY (52), and added some detail to others, plus, Larry Silsby was very kind to update his Haystack Observatory scenery for me using GMax models and correcting some building locations, and allowed me to release this scenery for general consumption (thank you, thank you!). So anyway, check it out, click on the link below and select Downloads/Addon Scenery. I'd also like to thank Scott Gridley for all the help he has given me (over the years, now, can you believe it!), Jim Campisi for his help with Hawthorne-Feather, and everyone else who has tested the scenery for me. And there's more to come.Enjoy!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest JimC1702

Excellent Thomas! I fly almost exclusively in the northeast and usually VFR.I previously downloaded your seaplane bases hoping it might also stretch into New York State, but apparently not. I loaded a flight from Kauneonga Lake near Monticello, NY but the flight started on dry land instead of in the water (Due to Ultimate Terrain moving the water). So if you ever get bored and want to spread your talent into New York it would be appreciated! :)Anyway, I'll be trying your landclass and your other airport fixes.Thanks,Jim

Guest JimC1702

Thanks. It's 6NY6, Firemans White Lake in Kauneonga Lake, NY.I installed your landclass and took off from Barnstable, north past Boston to Lowell. The landclass, particularly in the greater Boston area looks exceptional. I also use Bird's Eye View and the area looks great.Thanks again,Jim

Guest JimC1702

Wow, fast work! Thanks a lot.Jim

Guest JimC1702

Thomas, are you sure the new file is in the download? I downloaded the file again but it has the same 54 files in it that it had before, then newest is dated in May. There's no afcad for 6NY6 in it.Jim

Great job! I hear you when it comes to the "fix" issues. :)Just look at my latest release with KCVG. No big deal really, I can understand! Thanks for all the great work.I have a bunch of sceneries done for several other airports in New England. With a few tweaks I may release them at some point also.Maybe we should put together a comprehensive list? I fly a LOT in the NE myself and there is an icreasingly good base of stuff available for this region.Hornit

Guest JimC1702

That did it, works great now.If you get really bored, how about doing these also? :)NY9 - Long Lake, NYK03 - Long Lake, NYNK60 - Lake Pleasant, NYThanks again,Jim

Should be all set. NK60's 5/23 is kind of weird. I'd rotate it about 15 or 20 degrees right, but, that's what's listed, so I fit it as best I could.K03's was off by 90 degrees in FS. In fact, it seems to basically be right on top of NY9. Different dock locations I imagine. I didn't see much detail except for their locations on Google Maps. If I ever get around to it, I'll add fuel docks at the base location for the airports.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest JimC1702

Awesome! These are in my local area so it'll be great to be able to fly from them.I've redone my home airport, NY0 (Fulton County), with new buildings, the restaurant, static planes, vehicles and fencing. It's here in the Avsim library (fulco_airport.zip). Feel free to add it to your website if you'd like.Jim