Sign in to follow this  
trimwheel

Ohh my goth

Guest Seat7A

Bouth the Dornier Do-27 and is very disapointed the fps that was far beyond 10 fps. Never ever was that low in fps. Whats wrong wirh this panel. Beware of Areosofts Dornier Do-27!!!!Thomas ESNN

Guest n1g

Hmmm I am having a great time with this A/C and not having a fps issue at all. They have done a great job with this A/C in my opinion.Have you tried making sure your turbo button is pressed in (-:Bob

Guest davidvoogd

Did you open the configuration program and set it to low resolution textures and drop the gauge refresh rates? Those options were setup specifically to address performance.

Guest Marco EDDF

>I wasn't aware of Aerosim's forum, and I like to think of>myself at least passingly aware of the flight simulation>universe.>>Thomas>>[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com]>http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]>>I like using VC's :-)I certainly don

Staffan

>Hmmm,..so why is it that you immediately jump on him claiming>that he has to visit Aerosims forum?>>Shouldn

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Mesa

I must admit I had a bit of a shock when I first loaded it too so I changed the Instrument resolution in the config.exe to 'Low' and it did make enough of a difference to make it flyable in all but the most built up areas. Luckily this isn't really an urban aircraft and I'm only going to fly it in the bush so the performance is just about 'acceptable' for me.

Guest allcott

Staffan, This could be the first Single-engine GA product for Flight Simulator that does require a visit to the correct forum. Interestingly, our poster could NOT have had the time to have thoroughly read the manuals for this fine aircraft, which IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY with this aircraft if you want to use at the Pro level. And among the many other things, the manual tells you where support should be found. And the FAQ's. And it isn't here. :) Seat 7A will be a passenger seat. In a six-seat aircraft that tells us a lot, right there!All we know about this poster is that he/she is in way over their head. So anything they have to say about the aircraft is pretty irrelevant. FWIW it's working fine on my pretty mid-range AMD64 3000, GeForce 6600GT rig. After tweaking using the configuration tool. ;)Allcott

Guest wayupthere

Leaving the tool alone and starting it right up crispy gauges, no issues here runs just as smooth as all the other smoothie running add-ons i have

Well, I'm having no trouble with it so far and I have a fairly weak system (Athlon XP 2500, Geforce 6600GT 128 MB AGP, 1 GB RAM). Try going into the configuration utility and setting the resolution of the gauges down a bit lower.Actually, one poster over on DA's forum said that his framerates went *up* when downloading and installing the high-res 32-bit textures, so that may be something else to try.The Do 27 is considerably more demanding than most other GA aircraft I've got (so is their Cheyenne) but I can still get good performance out of it by juggling settings in FS2004 and with the configuration utilities. And personally I think it's worth the work, it's an absolutely amazing add-on. It's got more depth and detail to it than virtually any other add-on aircraft other than the most detailed and realistic jetliners.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest allcott

Yeah, I'm going to try those hi-res textures next, on a very similar system, but I've got pretty reasonable load times from the `normal` textures, the difference for me was turning the VC res down a notch with the config tool. The actual fidelity of this thing is just amazing. It even rocks and vibrates at startup and until you put a few rpm on the motor, and you can't start it by pushing the mixture full forward, you actually have to use a proper start technique. It's even fun to chill out next to it, put the tent up (yes, it has a tent!) and just sit and listen to the birds at Emma Field. Just awesome! :)Allcott