Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Looks Great but....

Scenery and weather look fantastic but.... what about

1. Multiplayer via Vatsim and vPilot type clients? If MS only servers then this is a no-go for me.

2. I have (and many others as well) thousands of dollars of hardware run through fsuipc. Will fsuipc work with this platform? If not, another showstopper.

3. Various other programs such as simserver for RemoteCDU, simacars, TrackIR, etc... Will any of that work....

People are seeing the scenery and not thinking of much else. There are many things that, for me, need to happen for this to replace P3D. Ya, it looks nice but not at the cost of losing the ability to forgo all above stuff.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Eric 

I think P3D will continue working just fine with all the addons and services you use after MSFS is released.  You shouldn’t lose one step. Choice is a good thing. 

• Like 10

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Valid points but I think it's just way too early to be worried about those things. I think we'll get more details once the SDK is released and 3rd party developers can start digging into the code.

Edited by simtom
  • Like 4

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

No need for it to replace P3D for you.

You can continue to enjoy that. 

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

People are seeing the scenery and not thinking of much else. 

What are you even saying lol?! You're miles off... we're wanting and hoping for all the boxes to be ticked and MS seem to be listening. And yet all the while we get these, quite frankly, ridiculously speculative and cynical posts.

Edited by stripealipe
  • Like 23
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

What are you even saying lol?! Your miles off... we're wanting and hoping for all the boxes to be ticked and MS seem to be listening. And yet all the while we get these, quite frankly, ridiculously speculative and cynical posts.

Well said.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

"Looks Great but.."

(narrator):  There is no but

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FSUIPC is the double edge sword that made FS expandable and also slowed it down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

47 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

If they do it right, you shouldn't need FSUIPC. Custom hardware should be fully configurable within the simulator.

We shall see but the amount of work Pete has put into this and the interface he provides is not easily replaced. The dumbed down default axis and calibration in P3D which is a holdover from MS days of past cannot compete. I seriously doubt the new MS version will offer anything close especially with them wanting this on a console in the future. Sure some hardware will work but the high end stuff from Jetmax, Flight Deck Solutions, Precision Flight Controls need the more advanced pay version of fsuipc. I for one will not set all that aside if it cannot work.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Here we go with the FSUIPC people. Drop it it’s an old act. If the new sim doesn’t support it don’t buy it  

• Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, B777ER said:

We shall see but the amount of work Pete has put into this and the interface he provides is not easily replaced. The dumbed down default axis and calibration in P3D which is a holdover from MS days of past cannot compete. I seriously doubt the new MS version will offer anything close especially with them wanting this on a console in the future. Sure some hardware will work but the high end stuff from Jetmax, Flight Deck Solutions, Precision Flight Controls need the more advanced pay version of fsuipc. I for one will not set all that aside if it cannot work.

To be perfectly frank, have fun in the past. 

That's like the GA guys who still fly with VORs and NDBs, and don't have a GPS in the airplane.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1