Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

FSX is a Game

It is a "Flying adventure GAME" and NOT a simulator. FSX just proves with all "adventures/missions" that the target consumer more and more are the gamers. Nothing,...and I repeat,..nothing new regarding the simulating systems has been revaled in FSX, as far as I know, exept eyecanys only.Can anybody tell me what is new for us FL330 simmers in FSX,..please...:-rollhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..?? What

Staffan

It's a gamulator really :()

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>It's a gamulatorI like it! Something b/w a sim and a game. New catagory for the software shelves...:-outta

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest possum

Yeah gamulator sounds like a good word to me too lol.

Gamulator it is!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest garwig2

>...Nothing,...and I>repeat,..nothing new regarding the simulating systems has been>revaled in FSX, as far as I know, exept eyecanys only.>>Can anybody tell me what is new for us FL330 simmers in>FSX,..please...Some items from P-12C's blog:*Sim Connect (will give add-on developers new capabilities)*Improved VC lighting*Working cabin pressurization systems*New failures modelled for fuel leaks, oil leaks, oil system failure, fuel pump failure, enigine and apu fires*Working APU systems*Working engine fire extinguishersAlso, a round earth allowing flights near the poles. I'm sure there will be missions made by the community for airliners.

What exactly is the point in "stirring the pot" if all its going to realistically achieve is arguments?

No, wait! How about a "Similator" ?Not exactly a simulator, but almost. Similar to a simulator. :-lol

Guest Tingoose

I haven't been in the flight sim community as long as some of you and I've heard about the legendary threads that debate the game/simulator issue but this is the first time I've witnesed one in development. . . absolutely awesome, those stories weren't exxagerated. Please don't let it die down too soon. . . I'm enjoying it almost as much as the time I watched a tornado building up and tossing all sorts of debris skyward as it made it's destructive way along the Illinois plain. Wow!

No your ALL wrong!!!!!!!!It's a STIMULATOR!!!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Not developing a debate here.. just bringing some humor into a thread that was born... hmm.. dead. Im sure most of us have seen such threads before so why be too serious about it :-)

>>...Nothing,...and I>>repeat,..nothing new regarding the simulating systems has>been>>revaled in FSX, as far as I know, exept eyecanys only.>>>>Can anybody tell me what is new for us FL330 simmers in>>FSX,..please...>>Some items from P-12C's blog:>>*Sim Connect (will give add-on developers new capabilities)>*Improved VC lighting>*Working cabin pressurization systems>*New failures modelled for fuel leaks, oil leaks, oil system>failure, fuel pump failure, enigine and apu fires>*Working APU systems>*Working engine fire extinguishers>>Also, a round earth allowing flights near the poles. I'm sure>there will be missions made by the community for airliners.Well that is something at least...:-hmmmI was thinking more on the systems core of the aircraft. For example the lac of EPR variable simulation, which has been talked about since FS98, more insight on the FDEs.....etc..etc...http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..?? What

Staffan

Yeah. It's probably the longest running roleplaying game out there. It even shares similarities with Dungeons & Dragons. For example, just like some people can't get let go of a fantastical wizard identity outside of the game, some players of Flight Simulator can't let go of pretend pilot arrogance in discussion forums. Not all of them, of course, but there are shining examples. ;)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest kittie

It's a life sucking entity that can ruin your life and drain the life out of a relationship!:-wave Huggs