Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

New beta branch available on Steam!

Looks like there's a new FSX:SE beta version available on Steam.  It appears MS is collecting data from users for their new Flight Simulator.  Interesting.  

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

There are even a few fixes to FSX:SE itself, such as real weather download working again and a few bug fixes.  See the announcement:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436916733/announcements/detail/2549529393507642734

Unfortunately it crashes when entering free flight with the many add-ons that I have.  If it isn't compatible with an add-on that I can't fly without (such as FSUIPC) then I'm going to stick with the non-beta version.

EDIT: bad news.  As things stand, FSX:SE crashes in free flights when FSUIPC is installed.  When FSUIPC4.DLL is removed from the Modules folder then free flights work fine.  It's back to the non-beta version for me as, for me, the utility of FSUIPC outweights the listed bug fixes of the new FSX:SE beta.

Edited by BF Bullpup
Update after trying the beta.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I just noted, the Steam client as well as the shop site state now:

Developer: Microsoft Game Studios

Publisher: Xbox Game Studios

So, obviously Dovetail is out of the game (as was promised by the MFS team early on).

It also says it's got live weather back.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hmm maybe every add on must be reinstalled one by one. I couldn't even reach the main screen...

Edited by Dio

2 hours ago, Dio said:

Hmm maybe every add on must be reinstalled one by one. I couldn't even reach the main screen...

My guess is that it's not an issue with re-installing. Certain addons don't seem to work right now. 

I have no addons, it still crashes when I go to Free Flight, no beta anything.

Nope no thanks....Id rather leave my FSX build alone

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Unfortunately someone had this terrible idea to try gathering information from a platform which is patched with tons of add-ons just by issuing a non compatible beta 😁. I am curious, what they were thinking.... We will see. By the way is there anyone who has managed to run this beta? Regards.

• Like 1

Running it now with RXP GTN and Carenado Pa31. But, ASnext, ORBX library and FSUIPC no worky. I normally only run P3DV4.5 and Xplane but thought I would lend a hand.

Edited by Adrian123

Hi there, Can anyone explain what External beta stands for? Is it something that runs outside the original installation? Regards.

45 minutes ago, Dio said:

Hi there, Can anyone explain what External beta stands for? Is it something that runs outside the original installation? Regards.

It means people outside the company use it.

9 hours ago, Dio said:

Unfortunately someone had this terrible idea to try gathering information from a platform which is patched with tons of add-ons just by issuing a non compatible beta 😁. I am curious, what they were thinking.... We will see. By the way is there anyone who has managed to run this beta? Regards.

I have. You can’t use a lot of addons if any.

These crash reports will help them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

It means people outside the company use it.

I have. You can’t use a lot of addons if any.

These crash reports will help them. 

Ok, is there any list of addons that are not compatible with this beta or is it a combination? My best regards.

Just now, Dio said:

Ok, is there any list of addons that are not compatible with this beta or is it a combination? My best regards.

There's no list that I'm aware of. I am speculating that is what they want to know so they can think of making FS2020 backwards compatibility. No addons work for me except A2A aircraft. I don't think ActiveSky or FSUIC (or whatever it is) works.

Remember to backup C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Also backup your visual settings because my graphics settings were all reset once I went back to the non-beta.

Definitely risky as it is a beta, but I've been able to go back and forth even though it's a big pain in the butt. I'm not going to try it again until they release another beta version.