Sign in to follow this  
WingRider

Honeycomb Yoke - What are all possible Key Definition Sources

On 11/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, MarkDH said:

With the Honeycomb yoke, when you operate button A you are also operating button B. It's just designed that way and you're stuck with it

Further to this, I noticed P3D (v4 at least) doesn't show all the buttons - so you only see buttons 13, 15, 17, 19, etc. for the toggle switches. I am not sure what to make of this without doing some more investigating. If it means P3D is aware of the Honeycomb yoke then I guess it's not a problem and you can go ahead and program those switches' ON/OFF positions as normal. If, on the other hand, it's an accidental consequence of how the switches are wired, I worry that there may be default mapping to those invisible switches (14, 16, 18, ...) that you can't get rid of.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

21 hours ago, gaab said:

Why run a driver if you want it to do nothing ! Just disable the Alpha Yoke Add On in P3D !

Gérard

Because for some aircraft I don't want to do nothing!   For some (general aviation with magneto starter) I want to use Alpha Yoke starter switch.  I don't know any other way to use those switches except through the driver since there is a 30 button per device limitation with FSUIPC.

Edited by CajunRon

Ronnie Pertuit

21 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I just uninstalled the yoke input program and assigned my buttons directly in P3DV4. What advantages does the Honycomb input program offer over that?

How did you program the individual light switches (BCN, LAND, TAXI, NAV, STROBE) directly in P3DV4.   I can't find a P3DV4 command for the on/off position of the BCN, TAXI and NAV lights.  I think (??) one advantage is to be able to program non-standard switches (like in the PMDG aircraft) IF you know the appropriate codes for them but I'm really telling you more than I know.  😉

Ronnie Pertuit

2 hours ago, CajunRon said:

How did you program the individual light switches (BCN, LAND, TAXI, NAV, STROBE) directly in P3DV4.   I can't find a P3DV4 command for the on/off position of the BCN, TAXI and NAV lights.  I think (??) one advantage is to be able to program non-standard switches (like in the PMDG aircraft) IF you know the appropriate codes for them but I'm really telling you more than I know.  😉

Actually I didn't. I use the mouse hand in the cockpit for most function. I like to save buttons for preset views with OPUS camera. Mostly fly airliners. Only controls I use buttons for are autoflight and auto throttle disconnect and TOGA.

Edited by PATCO LCH

Vic green

6 hours ago, CajunRon said:

More aircraft profies are being developed. Next are ASA sircraft. I dont yse ir, but what you can do now if you wish, is ti program switches in payware aircraft using tge FSUIPC Macro function which is very quick and easy.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

56 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

More aircraft profies are being developed. Next are ASA sircraft. I dont yse ir, but what you can do now if you wish, is ti program switches in payware aircraft using tge FSUIPC Macro function which is very quick and easy.

... or FSUIPC Lua scripts which I tend to prefer.  To do this you do have to identify the Lvars involved, however.

Al

14 hours ago, CajunRon said:

How did you program the individual light switches (BCN, LAND, TAXI, NAV, STROBE) directly in P3DV4. 

On 11/16/2019 at 2:58 AM, gaab said:

If you want to do it with FSX, you will assign
twice button 29 with "Strobe lights (on/off)", once for "keypress" and once for "key release" - take care that key position can be desynchronised between the yoke and the VC switch !