Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Uninstalled FS9 already!

Guest The_Pharoah

lol...17 days or so to go...and I couldn't help it. Uninstalled EVERYTHING related to FS9 ie. FS9 + my 10 gigs in addons, downloads, etc etc. Yeah sure, I'm probably jumping the gun but I remember doing this with FS2002 before FS9 came out. I think of it as 'cleansing the FS soul'! lol...sorry guys, probably a useless post but thought i"d share it anyhow. :)

Guest Paul Heaney

Hehehe, I wonder what you'll do when you realize, a good chunk of your addons won't work properly in FSX, out of the box.

Guest Revraz

Wow, I've uninstalled everything to do with FSX.

Guest 777LR

i bet you a $100 you'll be installing FS9 because after you fly FSX with a max of 10fps.

Guest djbowler

??????????????????????????????lol

Guest Blazer

HI..I am not interested in installing FSX but after reading different posts and threads regarding the pros and cons of FSX versus FS9 I have come to the conclusion that nobody is right and nobody is wrong and so I will continue to addon to FS9 as long as there will be addons available.Regards..TH

Guest The_Pharoah

yeah well, the way I see it is...FS9 is yesterday, FSX is tomorrow. I'm about going forward, not hanging on to the past. My current specs are (unfortunately):AMD 2400 2.0gig1 GIG RAM128mb 6600GT Nvidia cardso I get 10fps with FS9 anyway! lol. But yes I see your point. I spent a good deal of $$ on FS9 addons but I do it also to support the FS community eg. CaptainSim, etc. I absolutely love the C-130. If it doesn't work with FSX then so be it.....but I'm going to buy FSX as soon as it comes out and will fly whatever I can with it.

FS9 is still better than FSX. FS9 with all it's add-ons will never be beaten but, when DX10 Graphics and 'Vista' arrive, then the opinions will change......................Hopefully eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest stevehow

Hii seem to remeber hearing similar things when Fs9 was released!!this is slow.this don't work,that don't work..sooner or later You will all be using FSX.;-) i too have also uninstalled FS9.i'm happy using the Beta for the time being..it's Fantastic.and the Final version will be even better.also in the process of upgrading my computer do handle it:) :) Its a small price to pay for countless hours of enjoyment. Best wishes steve Ps FSgenesis have just released 9.6 mesh for N america,soon to cover the whole area..see if you can pass FSX by Now:-cool ;-)

I never got a system good enough to run FS9 so stuck to 2K2. Yesterday, after 5 years of good service, my computer died. I'd wanted to wait for FSX and Vista to be released and settle in - but now I have to buy a new comp. I'll buy FSX when it's released and, hopefully, it'll run ok. If not, then I'll install 2k2. I tend to think that like with every FS issue, eventually most people will move to FSX - especially once some really good addons turn up - I'm looking forward to it :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)