Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Flight Simulator X Trial Version - Date Published: 9/29/2006 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

Excellent. This version is perfect for finding out how the Release version of FSX is going to work performance wise. I also have the full beta version, I know that I'll be able to copy over the planes, but I wonder if it's actually possible to copy over all the scenery as well...

Guest in_04

Nice find.Thank you.Too bad that I only have a 450 KBits/s download :(

Excellent, thank you to all. Downloading now as well...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

downloading now, very slow though, looks like its goin to take a couple of hours to download at only 120ish KB/sec.did not keep the original demo as it ran so badly so i'll have to miss out on the beaver.If i decide ti get it though i will either have to delete stacks of software or buy another/bigger HD.

Hi FolksSupposedly there are 5 A/C included -Ultralight, Baron 58, CRJ 700, Lear 45, R22Sorry for the incorrect info I'd posted previously.I was only passing on availability info. ;-)Due to IRL comitmentsI'll not be able to install till Tues evening at the earliest.PSHow does the cockpit night-lighting look ?ATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg

Guest Badger

Hi there,Got it downloaded and installed.It seems faster than the old demo with the same settings.Also all the missing scenery is back in. Proper cars and lorries, the fences are transparent and aircraft cast shaddows on themselves properly :)MarkDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 360GB SATA RAID 0 | 256MB ATI Radeon X850 PE (Catalyst 6.5) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | Saitek X52 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Obviously, its a much improved demo. But what happened to those nice colorful rooftops? :)j/k.There are not much lights during the night... Maybe I need to some mods inthe cfgs.I haven't tried running on my Dell XPS Gen2.But on the conroe Core 2 Duo, Over Clocked to 3.3G (and nVidia 7600 GT 256MB) with almost all sliders to the right.. I get a steady 15fps with default settings.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, very much improved, not only what can be shown, but the smoothness is also much better. Having a hoot with the Robinson Heli.Still having a small problem with the cockpit textures blurring when the system is under pressure, but all in all, a much improved effort.I am sure a small upgrade to my two year old machine will make a huge difference. Thanks a million MS FSX devs...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

This new version runs much better on this machine than either the prior demo or the beta. FPS are way up and no trace of the blurries at all. But...it looks like there is still an unresolved issue with the autogen impact. Even a Sparse setting will cut my framerates in half (from 38-40 down to 18-20). That kind of decrease shouldn't be there. Anyone have any thoughts?DougP4 3.2E @ 3.680 (1.385 vCore - 230 FSB)Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (BIOS 1019)2 x 512MB Corsair TWINX CXM3700 (3-4-4-8)1.5 TB of WD HDDATI X850XT PEA-Open 1648 AAP RipperPlextor 708A WriterEnermax 431W PSUInwin Case

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Sean Reeder

im downloading nowif only i had a bigger partition on my vista partition i would try it out on RC1

Guest Babubhai

For me its not better, my FPS have gone down actually.And I even saw a few blurries.My spces:7900GTX 512mbIntel Pentium 4 D 950 @ 3.4ghz2GB Kingston DDR2 RAMMaxtor 300GB SATA HDD