Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Flight Simulator X Trial Version - Date Published: 9/29/2006 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

I gotta problem, just downloaded the new demo. I have had the previous uninstalled for sometime. Yet I am getting this error when trying to install the new version. Any clue on where to look for remnants. I have checked c:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSX or whatever, also Documents and Settings folder. Any ideas?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157468.jpg213515055_5b54b6e048_o.gif[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=fritsche&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My paints...[/a][a href=http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Danny%20Fritsche%20-%20Airplanespotters&distinct_entry=true]See me at Airliners.net...[/a][a href=http://www.airplanespotters.com]Also at airplanespotters.com...[/a]

Try deleting all files out of your local settingstemp folder it can be found in :documents and settingslocal settingstempAlso, I use a payware registry cleaner, which seems to help significantly for these types of problems.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Love the new Demo......looking forward to October SEVENTEENTH!

>Try deleting all files out of your local settingstemp folder> it can be found in :documents and settingsprofile name>local settingstemp>>Also, I use a payware registry cleaner, which seems to help>significantly for these types of problems.>>JeffNo dice, deleted temp files and ran a registry cleaner I have. What the heck?!213515055_5b54b6e048_o.gif[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=fritsche&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My paints...[/a][a href=http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Danny%20Fritsche%20-%20Airplanespotters&distinct_entry=true]See me at Airliners.net...[/a][a href=http://www.airplanespotters.com]Also at airplanespotters.com...[/a]

unresolved issue with the autogen impactThe issue with autogen impact is the number of polygons generated.Basically Sparse in FSX = Max Autogen in FS2004.Max Autogen in FSX is something 1000% increase in the polygons to be generated and textured - about like adding 250 AI aircraft.

It just seems a little strange Reggie. But, I'm not a rocket scientist on this stuff. In a DX10 world who generates all those polys, the CPU or the GPU? In other words, is there any "autogen relief" for the already over-burdened CPU with DX10? Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I'm not gonna lie, the higher I turned up my display settings, locked the slider at 30, I'm getting great FPS. I have a Core 2 Duo 6600 O/C a little, with a 7600GT 2 GIGs DDR RAM and a 250GB SATA. I have turned autogen all the way off, and my frames are pretty much staying at 30 with every once and a while a few dips into like 24. I think once DX10 and Vista are released, it's going to be just fine.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff,Woukd you be kind enough to e-mail me your setting.cfg file please? My e-mail addy is cpgmm@aol.comSave your settings and give it some name and it would be in your documents folders. If you want me to give you details of where it would be let me know.I have almost the same h/w as yours and I am getting 15 or less FPS.ThxManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just took a few flights and it is vastly improved. I locked my slider at 24 FPS and it never dipped below 21 at Princess Julianna with Scenery at full right and Autogen at normal. Had water at the default setting and terrain at 38m. If this is an indication of the release version I believe it will be a winner. CraigASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CD200GB Maxtor SATA 150 8MB Cache80GB Maxtor Ultra ATA 133EVGA 7900 GT KO PCIe nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com]driversSB Audigy 21G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/SCH Products yolkThrusmaster analoge rudder pedals converted to usb

Guest JimBrown

>>Try deleting all files out of your local settingstemp>folder>> it can be found in :documents and settings>profile name>local settingstemp>>>>Also, I use a payware registry cleaner, which seems to help>>significantly for these types of problems.>>>>Jeff>>No dice, deleted temp files and ran a registry cleaner I have.>What the heck?!The registry cleaner may not have cleaned everything out regarding the original demo install.Try going into regedit and see if this key is still there:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator DemoIf it is, delete it.You can start Regedit by clicking on Start, then Run. Type in "regedit" and click OK.Be very carefull while in Regedit. You may want to make a System Restore point first, just in case.Regards,...jim

I'll say it is well improved. All sliders to the right including 2.x max water except terrain radius set to small. Max global, locked at 15, no autgen I'm not dipping at all below 15 except near the hills behind Juliana. I have checked bloom, advanced animations and the other one, traffic setting at High, very smooth and crisp view with literally no stuttering. Here's the kicker, this is on an AMD Athlon 3000+ running a hair under 2.2ghz with 1 gb of ram and a 6600 gt ultra. The water settings from 2.x low to 2.x max are stunning, especially where the sun glistens off the ocean. I didn't expect to see animated white caps but they really add to the ocean effect, well done MS.Now for the downside, as mentioned above, autogen. I have it off, but turning to sparse causes massive slowdown near the hills in Juliana, but most likely if I turn down the other settings this may relieve some of the stress though have yet to try, I've been too entranced by the water.Ian.

Guest bennyboy

I'm very impressed. I have to be honest I got totally fed up with the choppy first release. The whole thing was so frustratingly slow I uninstalled it, especially as my Dell (P4 3.1, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 6800 GT) is hardly a slouch.Was really not too bothered with rushing out to get FSX after all that, but gave this one a go and it was great. All the shimmering is gone, the frame rates are greatly improved and it all seems to work.The default models still aren't much cop, but I'm sure by the time the LDS and PMDG boys get their hands on it we'll be rocking.The best thing about FSX is finally they've invented clouds that look amazing yet don't kill your FPS. Good work, Aces. My credit card awaits.

I'm awaiting comment from those naysayers who said that the first demo was indicitave of the performance of the final product - or at least those who were adamant in their belief that the final was simply going to be a dog performer....-Greg