Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Flight Simulator X Trial Version - Date Published: 9/29/2006 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

Guest FxF3

I got pretty good results on the first Demo, Is this one running even better?

Guest allcott

>I got pretty good results on the first Demo, Is this one>running even better?It is for me.Allcott

????I forgot I hit the download button after I hit it and continued working.Performance does seem better with this release after a very quick 10 minute flight. Flight was very smooth. Evan with the autogen slider turned up to high, I was getting 6 - 10 fps, and it was smooth enough for me to land, no stop start behavior. I did turn the AI aircraft off. What I found hurt performance for me was turning automobile traffic up to 100%. Flight was smoother with this turned down, though I did run with boat and airport traffic at 100%. Some textures did seem blurry in places, but I couldn't really tell. And for some reason my cockpit texture got blurry in one area around the Flaps indicator (I was flying the Aerosoft Amphibious Beaver). Given the performance I saw, I believe I'll be able to find settings that work for me.Dell D810 1.83 GHz Pentium M, 1GB mem, 7200 rpm 80 GB disk, 64 MB ATI X300 Mobility graphics, running at 1920 x 1200 x 32.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest beerman

Not working better at all for me...It looks reasonably good; however, with my system, with average fsx settings, I get 10-14fps. Which, I see as quite mediocre. 18-24 fps would be reasonable..but scaling the settings back makes it scarcely better than fs9.System:3.2 GHZ P4GeForce 6800GTO 256MB2 Gig Ram

Guest JohnEGPF

>I got pretty good results on the first Demo, Is this one running >even better?Well for me the new demo is way down on the FPS.Start up flight is sitting on RW 25 at TAPA Sparse auto gen.With the old demo I got 38/41 FPS sitting on the runway, and in flight around 45FPS.With the new demo Same settings I get 25/28FPS sitting on runway and a similar reduction in flight ,that is a massive drop in performance.I have noted in the new demo they have speeded up the pan rateand I swear its taking longer for the flight to load.Anyone with old demo as well try it and see what you get.John

with ultimate traffic and in Chicago O'hare then we will have a slide show! Prince Julien is not a high density area of anything!!

I was getting around 13 to 17 in the old demo with everything maxed at Juliana in the Microlight but now it seems to be around 10. Not sure why.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Yes you get lower FPS, but the important thing is that you dont get blurries and it is much more fluid. I have my FPS locked at 20 now and im not able to get blurries no matter how hard i try.Sure its not all maxed out, i have autogen at sparse, but scenery at max and airliners ai at max, water on 2.0 low it looks great, car traffic off "maybe its just me but car traffic hits hard on FSP on my system", ships and leisure boats on 100/20, bloom is off. Terrain is at 5M, textures is at 1M, airport vehicles at max, and i believe i have everything else at max. As i said im not able to get blurries with these settings, so im very happy with what the team has been able to do with this latest demo.

Isn't it heart breaking to see that kind of FPS after building one of the fastest PCs and OCing and then seeing the second core at almost 0% utilization?I hope the AI aircrafts and what not uses the second core. MannyI noticed heavy stuttering in "Instant replay" (spot view).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest JohnEGPF

>Yes you get lower FPS, but the important thing is that you dont get >>blurries and it is much more fluid.Hi OHNAfter capping the FPS in the old demo to a frame rate that my PC could keep up with The blurries went away even at 200 Knots in the 737IF the FPS =capped limit,I got Glorious 1M textures.FPS are close to 50%lower in the new demo that can't be right.?I have spent many hours tonight trying to find where the loss is coming from without success, removed clouds and autogen still this gap is there.I can only think it involves the code added for reduction of blurry scenery? ,which after capping the frame rate to a value that my PC could "keep up with" was a non isssue on the old demo.I'm no FSX doomsday Poster ,the complete opposite infact I'm simply sharing my findings after checking before and after FPS results between the old and the new demo.Its one of two things... something is wrong with my system Or I have just lost the Performance increase I was hoping to get moving to a a new Dual core Conroe system.John

Guest FxF3

After downloading it to me it looks better with some of the cleaned up code.:-) As far as Frame rates go it still seems smooth no matter what the FPS are even as low as 14fps. Just a couple of shots for fun. You will have to click them as to not waste bandwidth. Seems like we can race now 2.}( Sort of.I guess its about the same in FPS to me.

I've replied to the post once but here I am again. Some folks are saying it's a vast improvement (I'm one of them) and others are saying it's worse. The only problem is we're comparing apples to oranges. Everyone is all over the place with their sliders so any comparisons are prettymuch meaningless. Suggestion...use the default settings for a comparison. I'll try it myself at default and post again. You really need to leave your system specs as well. Craig

Guest diajohn2

I find this version is much better. I must confess that Amazon already has my order for FSX Deluxe and I think its going to be great. Yeah, we will learn how to tweak and wait for add-on but so what. I can fly both FS9 and FSX for a while just like FS8 and FS9.I hear many say they will wait and I wonder what they are waiting on? They will only miss playing with the new release.

Guest JohnEGPF

>Suggestion...use the default settings for a comparison. I'll try it >myself at default and post again..Hi CraigTried that.. same big drop in FSP I'm comparing old/new demo same location with same settings in both,try them both and see what you find.Look forward to hearing your resultsJohnOK added system specs but its the same PC I used in both demo's Pentium 4 Northwood@3.3GigAsus p4c 800 mb1 gig ram(not sure of speed)Geforce 6800GT GPUSb live Audigy cardand was planning adding Z5500 logitech 5.1 sound system:)