Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Creating camera views in FSX

I don't have the full beta that many of you have downloaded. One of my absolute requirements is creating camera views in the virtual cockpit environment. I prefer to fly with the "proper perspective" view and not the zoomed out "see all the gauges at once" view. Does the beta provide the instructions and procedures for creating specific views? In other words, if I want to create a zoomed view of the MCP on a 737, is it easily created?

>I don't have the full beta that many of you have downloaded. >One of my absolute requirements is creating camera views in>the virtual cockpit environment. I prefer to fly with the>"proper perspective" view and not the zoomed out "see all the>gauges at once" view. Does the beta provide the instructions>and procedures for creating specific views? In other words,>if I want to create a zoomed view of the MCP on a 737, is it>easily created? Yep and you can create a lot of them :-lol no need for a add-on...Many options and views :-)Andr

André

Guest robmuzz

>>Yep and you can create a lot of them :-lol no need for a>add-on...>Many options and views :-)>>Andr

Hi Curt,I haven't actually looked at the final SDK yet myself, so can't say if the final camera system docs made it in or not (they were expected too, I just never looked to see if they had :->).You can learn a lot by looking at the existing camera definitions in the individual aircraft's aircraft.cfg file. For the views it sounds like you want, this would probably be where you would want to define them.One of the beta testers has already started on a UI app to allow creating new camera defs using checkboxes, combo boxes, etc to select various camera options; but for now you can probably figure out what most of the ones that exist do (obviously, figuring out how to use options that we don't use in any of our default cameras will be much harder :->). You can also look at the cameras.cfg file which defines certain global camera defs.In order to use the various cameras, you need to understand how the new key layout works:S - this one switches between camera groups (aircraft interior, aircraft exterior, control towers, runways, other aircraft, etc).A - this one switches between cameras within a group (if currently in the aircraft interior group, then switch between pilot view, copilot view, radio stack closeup, MFD closeup, etc).Using the SHIFT key with either of the above will cycle through that respective list backwards.In order to more easily visualize the above, right click on the 3D view window, and look at the first section of the context menu. The menu items you see there (ie Cockpit, Outside, Tower, Runway, Aircraft, Air Traffic) are the items that the 'S' key will cycle through.Highlight any of the above menu items and look at the popup menu that is displayed. The items in this submenu are what the 'A' key will cycle through when this is the active camera group.Some cameras aren't predefined anywhere but are created by the sim as it runs (the AI system creates/destroys cameras for each AI aircraft, Multiplayer does the same for other player aircraft, some background process does something similar for closest towers, etc).Sorry I can't be of more help with the actual format of the camera defs but hope the above helps some :->Tim

Andre, are you saying there is an instruction file to create these views? I know without it, I won't be able to accurately create the views I want without wasting a whole lot of time.

Guest tdragger

The SDK (included in the Deluxe version) will have a document that explains all about the new camera system and creating custom views.