Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Aerosoft German Football Stadiums?

Hi all, I was looking at the German Football Stadiums from Aerosoft, but they actually look like Soccer stadiums, still trying to figure that out. I think this is my 1000th post! Thanks so much AVSIM for enriching my life with this awesome hobby!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest yarvelling

Americans have their own game which they call 'football'. To most Europeans the game which is called 'soccer' in the USA actually IS 'football'...it is the original, and is derived from an old English street game where 'players' would compete in the roads of towns, long before it was ever transfered to a grass pitch. The American game of 'football' is actually much more close to the old, and violent English game of Rugby, though a lot slower, where the ball is mostly carried, and passed, by hand, and feet are used to mainly kick the ball from penalties or at the 'H' shaped goal.Hence, the Aerosoft German football stadiums are what you would call 'soccer' stadiums. The package waas released to celebrate the 2006 FIFA World Cup; a world-wide football championship, held in a different country, once every four years.

Well, I didn't get quite the reaction I got last time I asked a ridiculous question, so I'll just let this one go, since it was my 1000th post, I thought I'd post something stupid.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest biplaneflyer

>Americans have their own game which they call 'football'. To>most Europeans the game which is called 'soccer' in the USA>actually IS 'football'...it is the original, and is derived>from an old English street game where 'players' would compete>in the roads of towns, long before it was ever transfered to a>grass pitch. The American game of 'football' is actually much>more close to the old, and violent English game of Rugby,>though a lot slower, where the ball is mostly carried, and>passed, by hand, and feet are used to mainly kick the ball>from penalties or at the 'H' shaped goal.>Hence, the Aerosoft German football stadiums are what you>would call 'soccer' stadiums. The package waas released to>celebrate the 2006 FIFA World Cup; a world-wide football>championship, held in a different country, once every four>years.Rugby violent - oohh yah - look at the statistics - there are more injuries and deaths in 'American football' because of all the 'protective gear' causing damage. Have had to try and convert my Canadian nephews from calling proper 'football' soccer. Minds you I bought them a Cricket set in the hope they wouldn't take up baseball -a version of rounders -which is mainly a girls game in the UK.:-)

Guest Paul Heaney

Don't worry, you've posted plenty "stupid" throughout your 1,000 posts. :(