Sign in to follow this  
A3bilbaNEO

Are they hiding a 737 MAX?

The 737, in its -400 and later -800 variant, has been present in the series since FS95. In 2001, we got the 744. Later Microsoft compensated the lack of an airbus model with an A321. Now, 14 years later, we get the new generation of such aircraft (748 and a320NEO). But we all know what happened to the 737 MAX. Given the fact that Boeing is one of Microsoft partners in the sim, it would seem realistic that they left the model out of it at least until the groundings are lifted. Remember, the sim has being developed way before the MAX issue. This is all pure speculation, but i have strong reasons to believe there is a 737M coming, at least as an update. From a systems perspective, the 737 is much easier to model than an aircraft with full Fly by wire like the a320, and is Boeing’s top selling model. If there is a max being developed for FS, for sure we won’t be getting our hands on it until the groundins are lifted. “As real as it gets” (i wonder why this slogan is not being used for FS20)

Seems reasonable.  PMDG are doing the same with their 737 MAX expansion.  No doubt a prudent course considering the situation.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I keep repeating this but since Asobo said they would leave aircraft (and airports) to 3rd party devs for the most part since "they do it better", I can't see any 737, at least no NG or MAX, as a default aircraft given PMDG have shifted their NG3, which will include the MAX as an expansion, over to MSFS. PMDG said the reason they're sitting on their hands with regards to the MAX release for P3D is the current real world situation of the airplane, but from the post it seems like the P3D version may be finished or at least close to being finished, which is why I think the NG3 release for MSFS isn't as far out as one may think, given some work on the addon as already been done for the P3D version and that the MSFS SDK is planned to be released well before sim release. I think there should be some coordination between Asobo and 3rd party devs in this regard.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Can you point me to the post regarding an official statement about the max being held up.?. I don't understand that at all since this is a simulation  

Peter Osborn

6 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

Can you point me to the post regarding an official statement about the max being held up.?. I don't understand that at all since this is a simulation  

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/27037-08nov19-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-help-us-fix-them

Post #13.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

For the large jets we may only get one from Boeing and one from Airbus. Afterall these planes are being produced with a much higher fidelity than in FSX.

if it fly for real or not i would love fictional airplanes in FS2020,

for the entertainment alone!

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I keep repeating this but since Asobo said they would leave aircraft (and airports) to 3rd party devs for the most part since "they do it better", I can't see any 737, at least no NG or MAX, as a default aircraft given PMDG have shifted their NG3, which will include the MAX as an expansion, over to MSFS. PMDG said the reason they're sitting on their hands with regards to the MAX release for P3D is the current real world situation of the airplane, but from the post it seems like the P3D version may be finished or at least close to being finished, which is why I think the NG3 release for MSFS isn't as far out as one may think, given some work on the addon as already been done for the P3D version and that the MSFS SDK is planned to be released well before sim release. I think there should be some coordination between Asobo and 3rd party devs in this regard.

Don't take what they said out of context. They're simply saying they can't do everything and that's a fact. A week ago none of us imagined we'd be getting a default 747-800 so maybe wait and see.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

According to pmdg the NG3 will release for MSFS sometime during 2020.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, CapnOz said:

I don't understand that at all since this is a simulation 

So you want to simulate an aircraft with a fatal design flaw that is still not ready to be certified to fly again?

6 hours ago, threegreen said:

I understand that logic, but you just can't rule it out because Asobo are making the 747-8i, something PMDG stated they will attempt to port over with their 747 product line.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

So you want to simulate an aircraft with a fatal design flaw that is still not ready to be certified to fly again?

Assuming the actual flaw is not part of the simulation, sure, why not? There are fictitious airplanes, why cant there be a 737 max?

Edited by nisx

20 hours ago, Krakin said:

Don't take what they said out of context. They're simply saying they can't do everything and that's a fact. A week ago none of us imagined we'd be getting a default 747-800 so maybe wait and see.

That's actually what I'm saying. Since they can't do everything on their own, I find it plausible that there may be coordination, as in a developer has a certain aircraft type in advanced stages of development with Asobo shifting focus on other types. This is just one of the conclusions I draw from Asobo's statement to be working with 3rd party developers. But who knows.

3 minutes ago, threegreen said:

That's actually what I'm saying. Since they can't do everything on their own, I find it plausible that there may be coordination, as in a developer has a certain aircraft type in advanced stages of development with Asobo shifting focus on other types. This is just one of the conclusions I draw from Asobo's statement to be working with 3rd party developers. But who knows.

I hear ya but I really don't think Asobo cares that default aircraft they're working one is also in development by 3rd parties. They want to give us as much as they can out of the box. When they say they're working with third parties it simply means they're going to do what they can to help them get content on the platform, like giving them access to a SDK and helping them come to grips with it.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.