Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

"Thumbs.db" files in uploads :-(

Hi :)I'm not criticizing uploaders, but "thumbs.db" files shouldn't be included in your uploads :). Some of these files are up to 2.3MB in size :-eek.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/130495.jpgOver 50 thumbs.dbs were in another upload! Is this really necessary? These "system files" waste a lot of bandwidth, so please remove them or check before you upload your files :).Thanks! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Dar...humbsupblag.gif

Any time I see a post starting with "I'm not..." I just know that post will do exactly what it says it doesn't...These files are generally invisible on the harddisk, that means the author likely didn't even notice they were there.If they grow that large they're in a directory which takes up a LOT more diskspace than those few megabytes, so in total they don't take up much space (as a percentage of total space used).I'd personally remove them, but I'm not your average addon maker (who's not a computer wizard).

Another file which should be removed before an upload is zipped is the scenery.dat file. That is a temporary, computer specific, cache file.