Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

16/11 Dev Interview XO19

They are thinking about topics for episodes 5,6,7 etc...

My vote is for "airports" 😛

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

5. Airports 

6. Ai traffic and ATC

7. Seasons 

8. Night lights 

9. Partners 

10. Game release lol

Edited by aleex
  • Like 2

Appreciate their approach to VR. Current technology is bolt-on nightmare.

Edited by yurei

They have the 747 and jets give me the seasons and I will be happy a true upgrade to FSX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well. A couple of things I have to say. 

- Seasons: Just the way they speak about them, God, seems like there are taking it really serious. It’s not just different tree colors. They are even thinking about bird migrations! Just wow. That’s just another level (I didn’t saw any animals on second trailer so I was starting to worry about them haha). 

- Partnerships: Again. The same as with the last update. The way they talk about the non announced yet make it seems something big is coming. And don’t get me wrong. What we have now it’s awesome. From the Cub to de 747!

- Subscription: I don’t really understand this part. I don’t know if they are talking about game pass for those who wanna try only, or for everyone. Idk, help is appreciated. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aleex said:

Subscription: I don’t really understand this part. I don’t know if they are talking about game pass for those who wanna try only, or for everyone. Idk, help is appreciated. 

Game pass is a service that allows you to play a lot of games. I think their library is over 100 Titles. For x.xx dollars a month, you get to play all of the Titles. MSFS 2020 will be a Title in the Game Pass library.

They have a lot of AAA games to come to that library. He said if you don't have 60, or 70 bucks to spend out right for a title you want, you can pay x.xx a month to get your title and a hundred others.

I think it will be two tier, like Outlook 365. If you just want MSFS its XX.XX one time purchase. Or if you want, for x.xx a month with Game Pass Level X, you get MSFS 2020 and a hundred other games.

How much is Navigraph a month? 8.99 Euros. How much is your Netflix, or Hulu, or Amazon prime. Just some examples.

Edited by Keyholebud
  • Upvote 1

They also routinely have deals for Game Pass.  There was one at E3 this year, where people could convert their existing Xbox Live or Game Pass subscriptions to 'Game Pass Ultimate", for $1, up to three years.  Basically paying a few bucks a month for access to all of Microsoft's first-party games/sims, as well as a library of over 100 other games that is constantly rotated and updated with new stuff.

Game Pass is an incredible deal.  Even more so if you also have an Xbox to go with your PC.

2 hours ago, aleex said:

- Subscription: I don’t really understand this part. I don’t know if they are talking about game pass for those who wanna try only, or for everyone. Idk, help is appreciated. 

Don't count on ever getting the proper info on licensing of any kind from Microsoft until the thing is getting released. I've worked with Microsoft's products for everyday work for years and this always has been a nightmare with them. 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 hours ago, Keyholebud said:

How much is Navigraph a month? 8.99 Euros. How much is your Netflix, or Hulu, or Amazon prime. Just some examples.

0 € for all of these from my side. I prefer to give the 10 € to a local cinema. 

Aside of this, I looked how MS handles other premiium titles, like Forza Horizon 4. This is a mixture of several offers with different levels to access features, and there is even a free demo available. Plus, as already mentioned, discounts for Game Pass owners. I expect something flexible for MFS as well.

This may be a bit unusual for the veteran simmers, and some may break into tears, but even them will adapt.

I expect MS also to offer MS/Asobo-made addons. I never understood why MS left the Addon market around FS6, after publishing successful titles like the Southern California Expansion Pack, Las Vegas, and others. And, while some expect to never having to buy any addons for MFS anymore, I forsee the addon market to explode, after the present hiatus.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

*IF* they include a subscription model for access to the live, Azure-powered version of the game, I'll put $5 down on it being fairly inexpensive, and also including a steady drip of new content from ASOBO as part of that subscription - new planes, etc.

Alternatively, maybe they could keep it "free with purchase", and sell their own add-ons.  Considering they will apparently be competing against $140 planes from PMDG, ASOBO could sell them for like $60 and look like a bargain by comparison, haha.

That was a really great interview.  It's awesome to see the devs having some fun.  It's even better to see how serious they are about getting things right.  I really love these guys.

**Edit:  ...and for the love of God, the ducks!!  Must have the ducks migrating properly..ROFL.  Probably the best line in the entire interview!

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

...or "we could do seasons by doing something lame-a** like making the colors change"... 🤣

Edited by DylanM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

That was a really great interview.  It's awesome to see the devs having some fun.  It's even better to see how serious they are about getting things right.  I really love these guys.

**Edit:  ...and for the love of God, the ducks!!  Must have the ducks migrating properly..ROFL.  Probably the best line in the entire interview!

Why a duck ? The interview of the French dev when he spoke of the ducks, brought to my mind the old Chico/Groucho routine :wink: !  

Don't overdo it, guys ! We don't ask for migrating ducks at release, snow and Fall foliage would be great to start with for colder seasons ! Then you could add migrating ducks in a DLC (leaving the room now). 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

48 minutes ago, domkle said:

Why a duck ? The interview of the French dev when he spoke of the ducks, brought to my mind the old Chico/Groucho routine :wink: !  

Don't overdo it, guys ! We don't ask for migrating ducks at release, snow and Fall foliage would be great to start with for colder seasons ! Then you could add migrating ducks in a DLC (leaving the room now). 

I agree.  To quote them, I'd take "...lame-a** color changes..." and snow on release.  🙂   

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB