Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

16/11 Dev Interview XO19

After a good night sleep, I come to the forum and see that my why-a-duck has almost declared a duck war 😄 ! Just kidding !  (Note to Avsim : please add a duck emoji, chick or turkey won’t do).

The baseline is always changing for the best, Alan, Hughes, I agree. When I land into a non-Orbx airport without all the animated characters, I find it missing a « je ne sais quoi ».

In another hand, and that is true in any profession, there is a time you have to release the darned product.  If you are a perfectionist, you cringe at the idea as you see how better it could be with a few days more. But you have to release.

Birds in flocks migrating over the Gironde estuary, I am all for it. But they are not the main feature of the Fall season. They could come in the process of upgrade. I understand that the dev said it tongue in cheek. He could have said falling leaves (wouldn’t that be pretty too ?) . 

Blowing snow yes, if there is snow in the first place. By the way, the KTNP delightful addon has a dust wind. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

14 hours ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

Does she at least fly an FAA approved broom? 

Slap an “experimental” label on it and you’re good to go.

• Like 1

I suppose an occasional Go-around because birds on or near the runway would be a kind of cool immersion.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

34 minutes ago, eaim said:

I suppose an occasional Go-around because birds on or near the runway would be a kind of cool immersion.

Absolutely, I would also say a deer crossing the runway. But the question is, do we need that they know how to synchronize bird migratory patterns before having Fall/winter foliage and snow accumulation ? Again, I am well aware that the Asobo guy spoke of ducks  tongue-in-cheek but the question to what extent do we need minuscule details at the expense of not having seasons ?

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm only interested in MSF2020,so why should I have to pay a monthly subscription for other games that don't interest me.I want to pay only for the MSF2020 nothing more nothing less.

4 hours ago, benibaz said:

I'm only interested in MSF2020,so why should I have to pay a monthly subscription for other games that don't interest me.I want to pay only for the MSF2020 nothing more nothing less.

Well the good news is that you won't have to do that. The bad news is that you haven't read about this already...

Don't confuse the X-Box Gamepass (which allows one to play any game in the catalog, and the option to simply purchase MSFS directly. There will be two options; choose the one you want.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, benibaz said:

So... buy only the MSFS2020... 

The XBOX Game Pass is a service that provides a big library of games to the service subscribers. If you want a specific game, don't subscribe to this service and just buy that game.

It sounds like what they're trying to say is; on game pass you can essentially try them all before buying, in a sense? Or just have them all via subscription?

I think the take away is that they're trying to get all those first time users in to the FS arena maybe?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

33 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It sounds like what they're trying to say is; on game pass you can essentially try them all before buying, in a sense? Or just have them all via subscription?

I think the take away is that they're trying to get all those first time users in to the FS arena maybe?

3 options for you, since usually Game Pass users can also buy the games for a reduced price

1) You buy the game normally
2) You pay for the Game pass ---> you can play the 100 games or so, including MSFS
3) Having paid for the Game Pass, you can still buy MSFS on its own with a small discount

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."