Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

[FEEDBACK] New Discovery Episodes Wishlist

46 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Why create an entire episode about regions?

I know it is important but we already saw gorgeous landscapes from extremely remote areas (not all of them of course) letting us have the impression the entire planet is reasonably well represented and we won't have any major break of immersion.

Airports and regions are not incompatible. Airports is the priority but for me the sim is a way to travel throughout the world. Outside of the US and Europe, the landscapes should be much better than with the orbx Global suite and some additional  LC maps and mesh. 

Regarding airports, it is indeed important to see small airports paved and not paved with the hangars and their clutters of equipments (and the little mickeys à la ObjectFlow). Actually they could do two EP one for LAX JFK and CDG etc. one for the smaller airports 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would like to see more of the world, something like that:

Episode X - Continents: North America
Episode Y - Continents: South America
Episode Z - Continents: Asia
Episode ZX - Continents: Middle-East
Episode ZY - Continents: Europe

Showing some details of each of those areas and how much data they have for each one of them, so we have an idea how accurate we can expect those areas will be.

• Upvote 1

+1 for airports 

I would love to see different airports close up and in action, from smaller to bigger ones. Show me the least detailed default airport you have, so I can set my expectations. Will there be ground handling? Will there be Jetways or ladders?

All that would be nice to know. 

Thanks 

• Upvote 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

They said that they monitor the popularity of features over time- so I vote to keep seasons and realistic night lighting near the top of the list.  Ground services and realistic traffic on the ground too.

Edited by dal330200

Would like to see an episode on airports, and also one on AI traffic (planes, ships, cars, animals, etc.).

• Upvote 2

ATC + AI Traffic + Airports + Airport operations

• What will we probably get at release date
  • What future plans do they have with these
  • Pushback, refuel and cargo trucks? 
  • Moving gates?  

Missions + Training

• What will we probably get at release date
  • What future plans do they have with these

Night flying 

• Some more beautiful city scapes at night
  • Thunderstorms at night
  • Moon lighting up the clouds from above
  • Cities lighting up the clouds from below
  • Plane lights lighting up the clouds
  • Light beams in fog visible from the cockpit?

Flora and Fauna

• What types of trees will we see
  • What types of animals will we see
  • Future plans?

Airliner operations

• FMC, autopilot, systems, startup from cold & dark
  • Passenger views? 
  • Walk through the cabin?
  • Walkaround check?

Real life vs MSFS

• Let us join Lionel on a real world flying lesson
  • Recreate that lesson in the sim to show how it compares to the real world (same weather, same time, same location, same views)

And Lionel should of course present them all 😉

EDIT: And please make them longer, 10 mins is way too short, just put in more visuals 🙂

Edited by Raymond.Groenendijk
  • Upvote 3

They could as part of the discovery series talk about Navigation data, how they plan to update it, I hope they carry along Navigraph, Aerosoft or if possible jepessen and partner with them on updating the Navaids, frequencies and airspace data.

*cough "implement 8.33 Spacing" cough*

That's true, then i guess they could release some short ones about navigation in general just like we had in the FSX learning center.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Please show us Asia and Middle east and off course the night lightning and airport ground operations

• Upvote 1

One of the things  i'm looking forward to the most with the new MSFS is the performance improvement.

Flight sims have always been plagued with very poor FPS due to the shear amount of polygons needed to be displayed compared to other type of games.

You can add to that the evolution sceneries or planes available for FSX or P3D. While FSX was able to decently display a simple GA aircraft cockpit with a few dials, it was not ready for the high quality glass cockpits addons from FSLabs or PMDG. You can see up to 100 FPS difference between outside view and cockpit view.

I'd like to hear about the the devs about how they tackled this issue.

Building on the poor performance of previous sims, we've seen countless discussion about sim optimisation and hardware. While good performance would render obsolete the tweaking part, i believe the hardware discussions will remain.

I'd also like to see the devs talk about how the sim works, what makes it tick:

- Will it be CPU dependent or graphics card dependent.

- What kind of CPU do I need, i.e. do i need to go for higher clock speed or higher core counts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The smell of avgas, oil, JP4, and freshly cut grass!😁