Sign in to follow this  
dfish

GA aircraft

Hey folks, I'm thinking of adding a new GA aircraft to my little hanger, but Im stuck on what to get. I've read a few reviews around, but still can't decide. I was wondering what some of you think is the best around at the moment?Also does anyone know of anything new on the horizon?

Alaister Kay

Guest scotavsim

Flight 1's Beechcraft A36 (Bonanza) is really good and so is Aeroworx's Beech 200. Depends on how much you want to spend and how complicated you want to get. Scot

Guest SilverCircle

"The best" is hard to tell... there are a lot of very good add-ons out. Since I'am more into big airliners, i'am not the greatest expert here. I posted a similar question a while ago and got quite a few recommendations. I finally decided for the RealAir SF260 - pure fun to fly. A small, but very well done aircraft. Ideal for "just flying around".

Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 (fast), Columbia 400 (faster and higher), and Liberty XL (low and slow). All have great avionics (full GPS packages), and the Cirrus and Columbia have glass Avidyne panels. All fly great as well.RealAir Scout package. A basic fore/aft passenger taildragger that is simply remarkable. Don't expect to get anywhere fast, but flying it won't make you care :)Carenado's Cessna 206, 180 & 182, and the Piper 180 Cherokee. Can't beat these for the price. Old school flying....unless you have them outfitted with all the Reality 'stuff', as I do ;)

Guest biplaneflyer

Try the Sibwings SAAB 91 Safir for something a little less spam canish! I believe Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight has a Tiger Moth due out sometime soon if you like the vintage stuff. Then there is the Twin Commanche from Eaglesoft, Diamond Twinstar from Flight Factory-Simulations, Beechcraft Duke from Realair in the works - if you like twins!

Guest allcott

The new Dornier D-27 from Digital Aviation is a good choice if you like it complicated and simple. The Saab Safir has, to my mind, one of the best flight models ever in FS. Both are be hand-flown as they don't have autopilots, and both are the better for it.At a slightly more sophisticated level, I concur with the A36 Bonanza. It has features that still aren't common even on the Big Stuff - working weather radar, configuration menu that can be changed in game, optional soundsets and Reality XP gauges as standard. It's also a great hand flyer with lots of nice touches, but it's not the best for getting into tiny grass strips in the middle of nowhere.It all depends what you're looking for.Allcott

Thanks folks, some interesting suggestions here, I'll be taking a look at all of these - there are some I didn't know about :)

Alaister Kay

Sibwing SAAB Safir (91B/C/D) and the new DO-27 by Aerosoft are the second generation of GA aircraft!ATTENTION: this aircraft are not CTRL+E compatible! :( ;-)

Guest aarskringspier

How smooth are the VC guage refresh rates in the Eaglesoft planes?

>ATTENTION: this aircraft are not CTRL+E compatible! :( ;-)LOL, nice disclaimer!my fav at the moment is the Digital Aviation Cheyenne, great aircraftRegards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>How smooth are the VC guage refresh rates in the Eaglesoft>planes?I have no issues at all.

Guest Pilot533

Definatly go with the do-27 by digital aviation. Just read the features and your jaw will drop. And it is very cheap, only $25 for a level-d style GA airplane. And the vc gauge refresh rates are very very high, it really feels like you are there.