Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

Loading Flight Plans into Carenado's G1000

Hi everyone,

I just went nuts and bought 5 Carenado aircraft (darn xmas sales!) and am just starting to muck about with the C172 with the G1000.

I've created a Flight Plan with Little NavMap and exported it in Garmin format. Does anyone know where to go from here? How do I get it to show up in the onboard G1000?

Many thanks

Warwick

Hi Warwick,

sorry, no idea. X-Plane or P3D? Do the aircraft use the G1000 of the simulator or a custom one? Any information in the manuals?

For X-Plane and its stock G1000 which is used by a lot of aircraft it is simple: Just save as FMS to the usual location and load the plan in the GPS or G1000.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I think they use their own G1000 since every other aircraft automatically loads the FP after you build it in LNM and then load it into P3D's Flight Planner. It's frustrating since LNM is a much better, easier tool than the Carenado G1000.

Cheers

In P3D, the Carenado G1000 should show the currently loaded P3D flightplan.. not Garmin format, but P3D format..

Nothing too complicated about that..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi Bert,

I agree, but it doesn't seem to. I load the P3D into Flight Planner but the G1000 stays blank. I can't figure it out.

Warwick

You load a pln plan file into the P3D flightplanner?

And it shows up in the planner?

Then it should also show up on the G1000 MFD.

Bert

I've done a bit more playing around and think I have something. The problem only happens in the C172 (which has some pretty crappy reviews all around) and the AA42-500 (which uses a FMC and hence might be different).

I've found that the Flight Plans load as they are supposed to in the AC11 Commander, Skyvan, Grand Caravan and the Beech Baron. So it looks like it's an issue with specific aircraft. Will keep at it but I'm prepared to ignore the C172 if it comes to that and just fly by looking out of the window!

Thanks for your inputs guys.

Cheers

Warwick

I heard back from Carenado:

" Is not possible, in all our Navigraph aircraft you need to create the flightplan directly in the aircraft".

I don't know why they want us to have to do this but it means that I'm not very keen to buy any more of their aircraft. I've loved my Flight 1 Super King Air so I guess I'll try more of their planes.

Also, I tried loading a clean FP into these aircraft with no luck. Oh well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maaarp said:

I heard back from Carenado:

" Is not possible, in all our Navigraph aircraft you need to create the flightplan directly in the aircraft".

I don't know why they want us to have to do this but it means that I'm not very keen to buy any more of their aircraft. I've loved my Flight 1 Super King Air so I guess I'll try more of their planes.

Also, I tried loading a clean FP into these aircraft with no luck. Oh well!

Note the wording:

Navigraph aircraft

Bert

I'm a bit of a newbie, Bert. Not sure what that means. I guess it's different to G1000 found on other aircraft?

• Like 1