Sign in to follow this  
dfish

FS Crash to desktop

Hey fellow virtual pilots,I'm having some serious FS problems all of a sudden randomly! I just flew a great flight on ASA28 KSEA-KORD today with FS9 running perfectly with no complaints. then I decided to clean up my hard drive after I landed...I deleted several old freeware planes i never used and I used FlightSimManager to help clean up my sceneries and check for missing gauges on planes etc. Basically sorting through my FS crap and then I uninstalled a bunch of useless programs i found under control panel -> add or remove programs, that looked like nothing but spyware. So here I am tonight at 1:50am trying to get an all night red eye flight set up and when I boot up FS, the splashscreen loads, the typicall SceneryArea.13 msg that says it cant find the amsterdam scenery comes up (always has for the last couple months), so i click ok and about 30 seconds later boom. Desktop... no error message or anything. I check in the task manager to see if the processes are still running and sure enough, FS just magically disappeared! So I've restarted and changed the ways I boot my cpu and still FS keeps crashing to the desktop every time I load it before I can reach even the main menu. What can I do!?!?! Someone please help b/c I dont want to reinstall 6gb's of addons and FS all over again because I doubt that they'd work fine this morning and now cause problems. The major thing I uninstalled today was Ultimate Traffic so i dunno...Please help me guys, I want to get back up in the cockpit asap! Thanks!

Try two things, 1. go into the FS9 folder, open the scenery.cfg file and delete the Amsterdam entry in area 13, make sure you delete it from your scenery libray, you can reinstall it later.2. Go to My DocumentsApplication dataMicrosoftFS9 and delete fs9.cfg. FS9 will write a new .cfg file when you start it.Hope that helps.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeforce Ti 4200/128Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HD

I tried deleting the scenery.cfg along with the fs9.cfg and let FS recreate them but no luck. :( thanks for the advice though! I'm curious what other ideas people have or if there is a program somewhere that will log all the cpu's actions so that i can see what exactly is causing FS to crash at the second that it does...Thanks guys!

Guest psouthan

Hi Eliot, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but welcome to the CTD club. I am so f...... off wit it all (excuse the language) but the hours, i mean hours, in fact years, I have spent teweaking and installing FS9, and I can count the flights on one hand i have done without any problems whatsoever.I still get CTDs and believe me I have gone totally round the bend trying to isolate what causes it.I hope you have better luck than me.Paul