Sign in to follow this  
Guest biplaneflyer

anyone make the Diamond Katana (D20)?

Guest biplaneflyer

>i'm looking to get taht plane, or maybe the D40, but I prefer>the D20...>>anyone make it?Yep it suprises me the DA40 seems to have been overlooked by the major producers - anyone know if there's a really good quality one in the works? (Don't mention the Abacus one -not even good freeware quality in my books)

Guest HartmannH

We did think about doing a DA40 after the DA20 but couldn't due to other projects. May be at some point in the future. It's certainly not completely off our list.HansDigital Aviation

Guest biplaneflyer

That would be great -to go with the Katana and FFS's Twin Star. aNY Chance of updating the Katana to include the 125hp Canadian built model?

Guest JimC1702

Did you take a look in the Avsim Library? There are several nice Katanas from Premier Aircraft Design, including a 125 hp version. And you can't beat the price!Jim

Guest biplaneflyer

Yes -and it's OK quality - but was looking for something a little better, which the payware Katana is. It's a pity Pavel went payware through Abacus for the DA40 - because to be honest whilst OK if they were freeware, they aren't worth spending my money on. Abacus would get some kudos if they released most of their payware stuff as freeware -because most of their planes don't really stack up against the opposition these days -at best they are of a compentent freeware standard.