Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

DXT3 vs 32 Bit - an interesting observation

Over time you come to accept certain inalienable truths in life.- The bus is only early when you're not- The shopping bag only breaks open when you're carrying embarrassing personal grocery items AND you're on the bus- You only commit acts of poor physical coordination when girls are watching- The Brisbane Broncos will always take the NRL- DXT3 textures will run faster than 32 bit texturesWell, the last one always seemed a fair bet until lately I loaded up my LDS 767 in 32 bit textures and noticed an undeniable improvement in performance over the DXT3 textures.I have tried my best to make a fair comparison by replicating the same flight under the same simulator and hardware conditions over the course of 6 flights, 3 different DXT3 texture and 3 different 32bit texture, and I must say the results favour the 32 bit textures every time.So my question is: Am I losing my mind? Has anyone else seen this? Are there any good explanations for this? Should I install 32bit textures in my PMDG 744 in the hope of improved performance? Thoughts and comments appreciated.Chrs!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Trans_601

DXT3 textures look the same as 32bit on my system, only the 32bits take longer to load.Also,I am so so happy the Bronocos won!Proudly born and raised in Brissie :-)

The Broncos hadn't won for 6 years - they were due ;)

Thanks Rob!Simon Evans' explanation does sound reasonable in that post. Will do some more testign with my trusty, thrusty, 744 some time.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg