Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

A helicopter please?

I'm thinking it would nice to have at least one helicopter.  Perhaps the new Bell 505?  (It's replacing the 206/407)

Or something like an AS350!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My thought exactly. I hope they add a helicopter company to their partner list. Robinson has been with MFS for a while, or maybe even Leonardo helicopters. But this sim is begging for a heli. Until heli's are implemented MSFS 2020  will be 3rd place on my sim list below X-plane and DCS.

A helicopter seems like a must given the level of detail the scenery will provide. What better way to explore and appreciate it all? I think Bell would be the most likely as MS already has a partnership with Textron the parent company of Bell.

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

I wonder if the 1000 points per aircraft for calculating the aerodynamics - if I remember correctly that was stated somewhere - are enough to properly simulate the flight dynamics of a helicopter. That obviously must be a completely different approach to how it was done in FSX / P3D (and as far as I know - hardly ever flying helis myself - it wasn't done very well).

We already had a topic about this.. using the search function woudn't be too bad..

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

25 minutes ago, france89 said:

We already had a topic about this.. using the search function woudn't be too bad..

That's miles ago....gotta make a new one...

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

That's miles ago....gotta make a new one...

We've got to get a flashmob from FB groups to join in similar to the Reddit VR boiz. 🙂

Absolutely YES please!

These graphics are just begging for low altitude scenery exploration by chopper

Edited by irrics

The ASOBO/MS developer comments to date suggest we won't get helicopter(s) in the initial release, which is disappointing, but they do have a lot on their plate. Especially if there will be Boeing and Airbus heavies in the first release. 

They'll still have a lot to prove with the first rotary wing aircraft, because the flight and systems modeling is so different. Ideally, the first ones released should be one single engine piston trainer like a Robbie R22 or Guimbal Cabri G2, and one medium twin turbine model with modern avionics including 3-axis or 4-axis autopilot, force trim release, beep trim, etc. With ASOBO's location in France I'd expect that would probably be an Airbus model, but as proof of concept it would lead to a full range of Bell, Leonardo, and Sikorsky models.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor