Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

2D / VC Question - Frame Rate Question

Hello,I have three MD80 sims: The F1 Super 80, MDMAX and the LAGO MADDOG. The MDMAX only has a 2D cockpit. The other two have both 2D and VC selections from the A/C selection menu.If I select the 2D only systems, my FPS is about the same for all - about 20 at modest airports (scenery). The F1 Super 80 runs its 2D and VC at about the same rates - 17fps. The MADDOG is different. This is where my question starts:The 2D MADDOG runs at about 17fps. IF I select the 2D/VC model, the FPS is at about 16FPS in the 2D. But once I select the VC, the FPS drops to about 4. I cannot now return to the 2D and get the higher FPS rate again. It is now "stuck" at the VC rate of about 4.This is by no way a complaint - I would like to know if there is a reason for the 2D->VC->2D FPS drop and perhaps a reason why it does not return to the higher rate when I go back to the 2D cockpit.Thanks in advance,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Try a little experiment. I don't know if it has something to do with it or not. In your Options-Display menu you will find a tab for Aircraft. In that section is a tab for quality (???), I'm at work I can't remember. Anyway when using only a 2D panel slide it to the left as that has to do with the quality of the VC visuals. It takes up memory when on, even if not being used.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Hello,Thank you for the help - that is the answer!I tested this with ALL of my addons. When I set the VC gauge quality to LOW, the FPS are pegged at the top of my selection (now 25fps). I have a rather high end system and display card(s) in SLI mode and have never had great results until now. Obviously, some addons work with the HIGH quality setting but I must say now, the MADDOG VC looks great at low quality (so long as you fly during daytime).Thanks again and cheers,Ron Sagel