Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

Have to make a choice. What would you do?

Am currently running 6700K @4.5, on a Asus Maximus VIII Ranger MB with a 1070ti EVGA card on a Samsung 27" 1920x1280 monitor.

If I have to choose between upgrading the CPU and MB or upgrading the GPU and monitor, what would you do? 

Dan Cole

9 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

Am currently running 6700K @4.5, on a Asus Maximus VIII Ranger MB with a 1070ti EVGA card on a Samsung 27" 1920x1280 monitor.

If I have to choose between upgrading the CPU and MB or upgrading the GPU and monitor, what would you do? 

You already have a pretty good video system, so go for a new MB and CPU. Should have some great sales coming up this time of year.

www.pcpartpicker.com

Do your homework and get ready to pounce cuz they'll go fast.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

15 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

You already have a pretty good video system, so go for a new MB and CPU. Should have some great sales coming up this time of year.

www.pcpartpicker.com

Just saw Fernandino Beach in you signature. Spent last Christmas down there on Amelia Island. Beautiful, and I want to go back.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

www.pcpartpicker.com

Just saw Fernandino Beach in you signature. Spent last Christmas down there on Amelia Island. Beautiful, and I want to go back.

Thanks. Yeah we love it down here. Didn't even pack my snow shovel.

Dan Cole

3 hours ago, bobrbend said:

Tough decision.  Do you want more eye candy or FPS?

Matt Wilson

7 hours ago, bobrbend said:

My choice would be to go flying.. why upgrade if you have a nice system?

• Like 1

Bert

At 1080p you don't even need to be thinking about a GPU upgrade.  If you're itching for an upgrade, get a new monitor.  Then you'll feel the need for that new GPU 😉